What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interface question: Copy clipboard to new document

Tiffer73

Hi, I've just upgraded from 5.5 to CC. Just getting used to things. So, normally I would copy a selection from one document and do a "ctrl N" for new file from clipboard. I would click "new" and the new document would open and I would paste my clipboard instanly. Done.
However, now the only thing different is when the new document is created it is not the "active" document. The document from what I just copied is active and I end up pasting onto the document I just copied from and not my new document. Know what I mean? How do I get the new document to be the "active" one so that I can just paste my clipboard without having to actually click on the new document to bring it to the front? I hope I explained this well!! Thanks so much!
Tiffany

MrToM

Guru
You did explain it perfectly but unfortunately I cannot replicate the problem....on clicking OK to create a new document it automatically becomes the 'active' document.

I assume you are using 'Tabbed' documents...right?

What I do is to draw out a marquee and use either copy or copy merged.
Then Ctrl + N for new a doc.
Click OK.
New doc is then active.
Ctrl + V to paste.

I guess thats what you are doing too but as to why the new doc doesn't become 'active' is a mystery.

Can you confirm your workflow please?

Regards.
MrToM.

Tiffer73

I apologize. I restarted Photoshop and it is working correctly now! I don't know what happened with that! Sorry! But thanks for helping! =)