What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ironman Font (How to make the font Look the same Graphics wise)

Rainmeter

Ok so all I want is to have "LEGION" written in this font (Don't need the background or anything just the font)
IronMan2_Loading_screen.jpg

I have this font "CGF Arch Reactor"
which works fine as a "IRON MAN" font (and is free)

I just have no idea how to make it look like the pic above (graphic wise)

Someone please help

I would start by writing the word "Legion" in Photoshop, & then adding fx to create a Layer Style. The fx can be accessed by double clicking on the Layer with your text in it. You are basically creating what is called a Style.

Play around with the options 1st, so you see what they all do. The trick is to play with all the options. If you add something, and it doesn't look quite right. Try altering the blend option, or the contour setting as this can make a big difference to how things look or blend together.

Google "Iron Texture" and start with something like that as your pattern, and work from there.

Hope this helps. It really isn't as difficult as it may seem at 1st, just keep persevering.

There is also a font called "Stark" which is even closer to the Ironman look you want. That is also free.

If you really get stuck, I will try, but you will feel much more satisfied if you can create yourself :)

Last edited:
kwl kwl thx man will try it out :thumbsup:
(only recently started photoshoppin, I quickly figure out how programs work but Damn... PS is complicated :frown:)

Please have a try yourself, as I know you will enjoy it. But, I thought I'd start one just in case. This is the closest I can get, & I'm by no means expert at it :)

Legion.png

Last edited:
Stumbled across a Epic font that works for what I intended to use it anyway check out my creation

"legion739 deviantart com/art/Shield-OS-Ultimate-Skin-Rainmeter-384326576?ga_submit_new=10%253A1373456684"

Note: replace all spaces " " with a dot "."

Please have a try yourself, as I know you will enjoy it. But, I thought I'd start one just in case. This is the closest I can get, & I'm by no means expert at it :)

O wow dude !!! that looks awesome !! definitely going to use that :D :D

SPWA said:
There is also a font called "Stark" which is even closer to the Ironman look you want. That is also free.

Have a link?

SPWA said:
Please have a try yourself, as I know you will enjoy it. But, I thought I'd start one just in case. This is the closest I can get, & I'm by no means expert at it

Have a link to a tutorial?

Oops, that may have been a good idea :)

Stark Font

Sorry Rainman for lack of info. Following tutorials is definitely a good way of feeling comfortable with the basics, which will lead to trying out your own stuff, so Introduction to Photoshop Styles is a very good place to start.

I don't have a tutorial on the style I created as I did it by just experimenting. I will post a text tutorial soon, on how I achieved the above though.

Back