What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it worth it?

mimihigurashi

I'm a beginner at photoshop but I really like it, want to get pro and would like to make something of it. The thing is I don't know what you can do with it. I don't mean it in that way, you can do anything with it when it comes to digital art but can you get something financially out of it? A job? What are some photoshop jobs? And how are they paid?
Sorry if it's a misplaced question but I really need to know for sure from an expert.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
It solely depends on what your goals are.

But keep this in mind.... Photoshop is just one of the so many tools to create, enhance or manipulate an image.

Thus, if you want to be a professional photographer, you can use photoshop to enhance your images. You want to be a graphic designer, Photoshop can help you create or enhance images for use in graphic works eg. printed material, logos, billboard advertising, etc. You want to be a web designer, photoshop is used to create all the graphics.

The list goes on and on..... But one thing is for certain.... you need to have an artistic and creative eye in order to be succesful.

Payment wise.... if you work for a company, you have a basic salary. A Freelancer's earnings is dependent on how much clients you can find.