What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any mention of a screen recorder that is good for keeping the CPU cool?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i need a screen recorder that will sit and record the screen for me as i do some photoshopping for my youtube channel without making my CPU temperatures go through the roof?

my CPU fan is a good fan compared to the one i did have but the CPU reaches temps that are too warm for my liking when i test the recorder against xsensors with photoshop running in the background.

System Spec.
AMD Phenom IIx2 (locked) 3.1Ghz
3GB RAM
Ubuntu 10.10 Mav
55GB free Ubuntu file system space (extended once critical level reached)
Current Screen recorder: XvidCap

I don't see why my PC would have any struggle when it comes to recording photoshop on a desktop but it just does.

Any recommendations?

i do believe i forgot the graphic card, it's an AMD Radeon HD4550 nothing big, i don't see the point if i'm honest

try snapz prox, not sure but it works fine on a mac

Camtasia studio full screen cap full editing suite (admittedly basic) I do all my screen caps on that also lets you record your keyboard shortcuts. You have to make sure you change the default setting of 15 frames per second to 30 frames per second that could be why whatever your using appears to be laggy. All though this is not a free software it is probably the best 1 out there for pc. All though most screen cap software is ram intensive thats why I do not do any tutorials on after effects or my 3d programs yet until I find a better option ok the 3d programs are not any more powerful than photoshop until you hit the render previews etc same as after effects.
There is also software out there called fraps I believe and that is what most gamers use to record game play so I assume that must be good and low on ram to use.

I use IshowuHD.

I think you should get a Mac.
Pfft a mac? you are joking right, you are talking to me as if there isn't a full on economic downturn and i have £1000 to spare for a decent mac when ubuntu is just as good and just as secure.

Thanks for the replies anyhow guys. i'll see what i can do.

Back