What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Island Tower

Very nice job Eggy, I like the coloring and the mood of it. Great lighting!

But should't the islandtower throw some sort of shadow to the beach?

Very nice job Eggy, I like the coloring and the mood of it. Great lighting!
But should't the islandtower throw some sort of shadow to the beach?

Thank you Chris.

There's a shadow on the left side of the island/rock/tower, but a faint one.

I did it pure to get of my addiction of 3D!

Last edited:
Lovely, eggy. Like chris, I do like the mood. I think the shadow on the left is just fine.

And I do like your use of a landmark from where I come from.... the Cagsawa Tower ruins at the foot of Mayon Volcano.... nice job....

Lovely, eggy. Like chris, I do like the mood. I think the shadow on the left is just fine.
And I do like your use of a landmark from where I come from.... the Cagsawa Tower ruins at the foot of Mayon Volcano.... nice job....

Thanks for the comment.
The landmark was pure coincidence, type tower ruin in google and pick one. But always good to know!
And yes this was pure for the mood and I think I nailed it.
And I was distracted from 3D for an hour or so!

Thanks for the comment.
The landmark was pure coincidence, type tower ruin in google and pick one. But always good to know!
And yes this was pure for the mood and I think I nailed it.
And I was distracted from 3D for an hour or so!

The shadows added more to the mood.

Haven't been there for ages but I remember those trees were just young saplings. Goes to show how old I am now.... :cheesygrin:.

Well, you're not the only one...
But hey, maybe the best is due coming...

Excellent job!

The clouds are fairly darkish and the tower is very well lit. Maybe some faint rays shaping the lighted area to insinuate a sunny break in the clouds.

The shadows added more to the mood.
Haven't been there for ages but I remember those trees were just young saplings. Goes to show how old I am now.... :cheesygrin:.

I wonder how long that tower will stand without some restoration or basic repairs?

Much better. The elements within the image seem more tied together now.

Its a great image and i like it especially with the sun rays, but it's probably just me and the way I'm looking at , but the perspective between the tower and the rock seem off, the tower appears to be leaning back, But the overall image seems as though your looking right at the beach and rock area that appear to be straight on at you.

Yes, it looks like it and that's because the source photo is taken from a rather short distance of the tower and a bit upwards.
Also the tower is getting narrow at the top and that seems to increase the effect of leaning back.
Maybe I could correct it with the perspective warp tool.
I'll try that.

Thanks for the comment.

Back