What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Jpg Eisenhower D-Day camp London sharpen/enhance

RogW

I am hoping that it is possible to sharpen/enhance the jpg to make it more readable. i is a rare map of Camp Griffiss in Twickenham UK where Eisenhower prepared for D-Day. It is very informative but hard to read. Anything that can be done by the super gurus to make the information available to all would be appreciated. Thanks - Roger

griffiss.jpg

Thanks - aware of this as I gave drawing to Felix at local archives when I was a digital document manager at Richmond Council. I still work with them and keep them updated.

I am hoping that it is possible to sharpen/enhance the jpg to make it more readable. i is a rare map of Camp Griffiss in Twickenham UK where Eisenhower prepared for D-Day. It is very informative but hard to read. Anything that can be done by the super gurus to make the information available to all would be appreciated. Thanks - Roger

Do you have any other scanned/saved version of this image with better resolution? Aside from the linework, I don't think the type is recoverable in this version.
Here's a quick snip (converted to b/w):

1636980420076.png

Ir just won't be readable no matter how this particular rendition is processed... :(

The document was very fragile when originally scanned at high resolution. If it cant be done I'll have to live with that.

The document was very fragile when originally scanned at high resolution. If it cant be done I'll have to live with that.
The only other option I can see, using this image, is to painstakingly reset the type using sample images such as [ iLLuSioN ] pointed out.
My wife works for a publishing company that does a lot of public domain reprints of older books and I showed her the image with the lost type. She said that
they will reset the type if possible but it is, of course, a lengthy process and you have to judge the cost in time and effort. and in her company's case, in dollars.

- Jeff

Thanks for the info. I research local history and make the results freely available so no funding available unfortunately. It would have been a "nice to have" but not essential. Thanks for looking at it and your observations - Roger

Back