What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a bit of advice please.

SHarrison

Hi All,

Im wondering if some one can help me, im trying to make the effect in the attached image, i have downloaded his brush set, and no im stuck on how to create that sort of glowing effect, does any one know of a tutorial that will cover what im looking for?

p.s iv only been using photoshop for about 3 days :redface:

BrushGlow.jpg

i suggest (i don't use photoshop myself for long) that you have a black background, create new layer, paint a light blue dot in the middle as the size of the glow you want to have (aura), then set it to soft light, then create a new layer above those and paint the smoke with your brush in lightblue, then use the dodge tool to make those light spots in the smoke. this might be a cheap way but you could try it out at least :) (PS: do you have a link for his brushes?)

i don't have access to photoshop atm, but try this:

start with your background layer
make a new blank layer
stamp your brush on the blank layer using a light blue color
duplicate that layer
set the blending mode to overlay, adjust opacity to taste

Ok mine was just a 2 min job making a brush from your original picture once I made the brush created a new document back background
used the brush once on a new layer in white
create a new layer on top and fill it using paint bucket tool in a light blue
set that layer mode to colour and you get close play around with some colour options and you will get it spot on
View attachment 5081

hoogle, i think you can just download that brush from the link provided by the op. it's just a matter of getting more glow from the brush than what the op got.

View attachment 5082
Ok how about that then this is as close as I could get it using the actual brush
background layer black
Blue gradient radial adjustment layer
new layer 1 blue dot blending mode outer glow adjust to desired effect
new layer with brush in white do the smoke part and duplicate layer
new layer in a blue line up as best as you can and paint
set the layer mode to colour
then rine tweak other layers duplicating them and setting them to screen etc until you get what you like
when you get close then all you do is flatten image then go to
Image>adjustments>colour balance and increase the blue slightly

Back