What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just installed Photoshop Elements 2020

LWP99

New to forum; just installed PE2020; apparently lost automatic "_edited_*" when saving files after editing.

In prior editions of PE, the program automatically saved files with an added "_edited_N" when saving an edited jpg file. It's no longer happening with my files after installing 2020. I'm unable to find any preferences where this could be modified. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Ross

I'm not sure I understand the question, but one thing I typically use in my day to day is FIle > Generate Assets. When that is checked on any layers/groups/smart object/etc will automatically be generated in the background if they end in .jpg .png or .gif

This is especially useful in web design if you need transparent elements for your web page design.

To hopefully answer your answer, forgive my obtuseness but can't you just append _edited_ to your file names before you save?