What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Layers

Photocrazed

I am very new to photoshop and I am trying to create a layer. It was my understanding that you click Edit/copy to create a layer. I have two pictures open in photoshop. I am putting flowers from one picture and adding it to a bush on the other picture using the healing tool. I had troulble creating a layer. Also, the flowers were coming out smaller than the original picture. Any thoughts!

namvet

Power User
Photocrazed ... firstly, welcome ... next, I hope the pic below helps you (my answer to your questions) ... also I would suggest you try a few of the Keeper's tutorials (not from the point of view of 'making' something, but to watch what each step does and where to find things .. as this is how I found my way around Photoshop - and still am!! :rofl: ) .. click on the photshop gurus logo at top of this page to go to the Keepers site ... and finally, you have joined a very helpful forum, if you get stuck ask for more help 'cos there's heaps of it here (that's why I'm still here - need all the help I can get!! :D) ....

Photocrazed

Namvet-

Thank you for that useful info. I did not know there was an icon to create a new layer. I am looking foward to that forum that is actually what I've been looking for. Thank you again.

Photocrazed

namvet

Power User
... Photocrazed .. am glad it helped :)

jukebox husband

hey photocrazed,

I'm a new user too, and making layers and all that can be really frustrating. Just hang in there -

jukebox husband :perfect:

wbiss

Guru
Good stuff Ian! :perfect: Well explained!!! :)

Hi jukebox husband and welcome aboard! :D As a new user, you'll
find everyone here to be most helpful! Enjoy! ;)

sfm

Guru
ooooooooooo you snuck in there jukebox husband he he he
welcome aboard :perfect:
sfm