What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LCD MONITOR BUZZING

ronmatt

Guru
When on the internet ONLY.. my monitor, a ViewSonic 22" LCD buzzes as photos load up on the internet. I also have a Samsung 24" which doesn't. Any thoughts as to what's causing it?
I've checked the connections, everythings on tight. The ViewSonic has a 'useless' iPod port with built-in speakers. I have the speakers turned down to '0' but it makes the same 'crackly / buzzy sound whether the speakers are turned up or down. It happens with Firefox and Safari.

ronmatt said:
When on the internet ONLY.. my monitor, a ViewSonic 22" LCD buzzes as photos load up on the internet.

Go here http://forums.cgsociety.org/ , scroll to the middle of the forum until you don't see any headers. Do you then still have the problem?
Set your browser to full screen mode. Does the problem go away? I think it's most likely a contrast problem.

Could also be that your monitor "remembers" your browser.
Remember the old monitors, how they could "burn" the screen, reason why we used screensavers to avoid that? Well, believe it or not, this can also happen with LCD. The Only difference is that with LCD it can be solved. I had this problem a while back, when I saw a ghost look of the top bar of my browser appearing in other programs or on the desktop, just slightly but still visible. My monitor always go to screensaver mode after 10 min (black background with login window jumping around) and in power saving mode after a longer time, but this didn't avoid it, so it's possible to get it regardless how well you treat your monitor.

Attached is an example of someone elses monitor, although it wasn't as bad on my monitor.

I got rid of it by leaving the monitor on over night with a background of a nature scene, any other random screen will do. The problem hasn't returned yet and this is months later.

It could be that you have a ghost image like that (most visible on a plain gray desktop), which might cause the monitor to buzz once you have the program open that is related to it (or similar). I'm just guessing here, but I didn't want to rule out all possibilities.

Back