What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting Glow?

richyrich38

Good evening all.

Im after some advice on the best way to produce some effects like this
1200002.jpg

I hope image is attached?

Is this photoshop, after effects?

Plugin?

or done by hand..

I would not know where to start?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I remember it because I made the post! Erika I have found it here: http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-newbies/29684-create-glowing-aura-outline-example.html

I think this was the answer to another post somewhere else in the forum~:redface:

Not exactly.... the tute I'm talking about , also here in PSG, is dated early 2000 and was a variation/modification of the motion trail. At the time I took the tute a step further and managed to create something exactly like those in the image above.

I couldn't find it nor a record in my back-ups. The thread must have not been included when the forum migrated to the new servers. Even if the thread is still there, the images wouldn't be.....

Carrie56

Power User
Think I must have been half asleep when I made these posts sorry off topic!

It seems like you could use the pen tool to make the lines and just stroke the path using different brushes then add some effect to get that result, maybe if I get time I will play around some see what I can come up with.

Last edited:

claidi22

You just have to either:

A) go through a lot of different brush sizes, strokes, and opacity to recreate the shapes and then change blending options for color burn and screen.
B) find a brush that makes the shapes similar to the ones you want, and use 3 different layers (normal, screen, and color burn)

for both of these, you can start with just a black and white image(white for light spots of course) and then change image color balance to acheive your initial color