What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lines appearing around image after using Free Transform in Photoshop - Help?

coffee_king

Hi
I've noticed this before and I'm still not sure what is going on exactly.
As you will see from my image, when I use Free Transform in Photoshop CS5 black lines appear around the outside of my image.
Any ideas whats going on here?
I am using an image (of the people) with a black mask sitting on top of a main black background. They are the exact same colour black 000000
thanks

before-using-free-transform.jpg

lines-after-using-free-transform.jpg

Screen shot 2012-03-16 at 15.19.47.png

Last edited:
You can clone these out using the stamp tool, or you could crop them out or just paint them over with black.
lines-after-using-free-transform.jpg
Im guessing the image had a border or you just barely got off the edge of the canvans when you cropped it.

Hi
Yeah, thanks I know that but I'd rather prevent them from happening in the first place and creating more work for myself.
Any ideas?

dohh.... I see them now.... the very faint outlines. lol...

Those may be left over artifacts when you deleted the original image background. It became apparent when you added the Mask and transformed it .

Same could be said when you cut to a layer a part of an image, you have this white/faded pixelation at the edges.

looks to me like you have moved the free transform selection slightly.
causing it to reveal the BG a little

This has happened to me sometimes when I put a mask on a smart object, if I don´t rasterize it and throw the mask away, the slightest nudge will move it and show part of what was behind it. I don´t know if this is what you have done, but it looks like it. :)

This has happened to me sometimes when I put a mask on a smart object, if I don´t rasterize it and throw the mask away, the slightest nudge will move it and show part of what was behind it. I don´t know if this is what you have done, but it looks like it. :)
This could be whats happened as I haven't rasterized the image/mask.

Back