What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liquify...

ApWizard

Hi Mates!
I've read, in a Creative Pro, article that if u apply liquify to a layer and when u click ok on the window to apply the effects holding down the Shift key it saves the mesh in a temporary directory (for win user: c:\temp --> i have it). And then if u want re-apply the same mesh just shift+click on filter-->liquify...but it doesn't work in ps7!! (the article in creative pro is for ps6) [stuned] [stuned]

can someone help me? :D

thanks in advance

Hiya ApWiz,

Top right of the PS 7 Liquify dialogue boxyou will find two buttons: Save Mesh & Load Mesh. Use as required. ;)

Cheers Al

Command+F on the Mac reapplies the last filter.
You could try Control+F for PC.

Cheers Al.

just remember to save the mesh of a low resolution image it can be ablied to a high resolution one ;)

Ammar

You sure it's not ALT-click on the filter?

Alt recalls the last filter used, and reloads the last settings that were used in it. This is most useful for the filters within the "IMAGE>Adustment>" menu. Like HUE&SAT.

The use of the shift+click is now useless with the save and load buttons.

ALT+menu item indeed re-opens a window with the last settings on all adjustment menus. For the filter menu, CTRL+F has this function (almost: it simply re-applies the filter with last used settings) Using ALT+CTRL+F will re-open the last used filter window to allow you to change some settings.

Aaah ya of course... DUH! [doh] [oops]

Shift isn't NEEDED anymore.
Whada boob i am! ;\

Thanks Pierre. :perfect:

You didn't need to do an auto liquifyization, Mark! :rofl:

There are so many things in Photoshop that it takes a think tank like your wonderful forum to even hope to see its limits...

I think someone is telling you a tale...

In Photoshop 6, the Liquify command never was a filter. It can only be accessed via Image>Liquify. The keyboard shortcut is (in Windows) Shift+Ctrl+X...hence, there is no way to hold Shift and click Filter>Liquify...

Something ain't right here. You can't reapply a filter effect if it's not a filter effect, and it wasn't until PS7 that Liquify became a filter. [stuned]

BTW, did anyone ever notice that the Emoticon is misspelled 'stuned' instead of 'stunned'????

Back