What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logging in issue

gedstar

Guru
Not sure if it's just me but I noticed that sometimes when you enter your username and password you get the Redirecting... screen and then it doesn't log you in, you have to try again, noticed it before but this morning I had to make 4 attempts before I actually logged in successfully
After entering logon details
logon.jpg
And redirected back to this
back to this.jpg

Cheers
Ged

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Didn't see this just now , ged....

We've just recently moved the forum to a new server. The migration appears to be successful as there were no minor problems observed or detected, there was no need for us to announce the move.

May I suggest to clear your browser cache.

Let us know if your problem persists....

gedstar

Guru
No worries, it's not a major issue, my cache is automatically cleared when I close Firefox, will post back if I notice it happening again

Cheer
Ged

Rich54

Guru
I think it's happened to me a few times recently, as well. I wrote it off to sloppy typing or not paying attention, but now that Gedstar says he's also had this problem, I think we've got ourselves a mystery.

gedstar

Guru
So it's not just me. I always thought it was my brain not keeping up with my fingers or the other way round :rofl:

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
gedstar thanks for taking the time to report this.

If the username or password entered is not correct, you should get a message with the following:

You have entered an invalid username or password.

If that is not happening then this is another issue.

gedstar you said it doesn't log you in, so what happens instead? Do you get any message or does the page just reload as if you were not logged in? Is the redirect page hanging? If so, what happens if you click the redirect link "Click here if your browser does not redirect you"?

I haven't seen this before and am not aware of anyone else ever reporting it. More information would be needed to troubleshoot it.

gedstar

Guru
Hi

Basically what happens is, I enter my username and password correctly and I get the Redirecting..... as in the first screenshot above after a couple of seconds I'm back to the login screen as if I've never logged in.
Can't really give you any more info than that as that's exactly what happens. As Rich54 also reported this in the above post if would appear I'm not the only one.
Having said that I had no issues logging in since yesterday morning when I first reported it, will keep you posted if it happens again. Browser that I use is Firefox!
Regards
Ged

gedstar

Guru
Just like to report back that i haven't had any issues logging in over the last couple of days, so maybe the glitch I was experiencing has been resolved :thumbsup: