What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific graphic design assistance

shroomcycle

hi everyone,

im new to photoshop and struggling to develop my idea alone.

essentially i would like to use this image of a mushroom spore print, and incorporate the name of my new business "shroom cycle" behind the image. Also if possible somehow include some subtle indication of a circular cycle of growth, from spore to mushroom, perhaps even a mushroom right in the middle..

I would like the text to be white and keep the print as near to black/brown/purple as possible. I've been trying to camouflage the text in the white behind the spore print, to give a sort of wavey and hidden appeal. Obviously the text needs to be readable but im struggling to get the feel of it right. Heres my best attempt.

Untitled.jpg

If anyone has any advice or is even able to hash out a few designs that would be amazing! i've attached the original spore print image incase anybody is happy to help

spore-print.jpg

spore-print.jpg

Shadowwolf77

Hi shroomcycle,

Thank you for your request! I've made some rough designs I hope you like. I've tweaked some things like the circle in the center of the spores which was initially not fully centered and some other things. Here's one following your initial idea where the text blends with the background but is still legible. I dialed down the curvature of the words to make it less eye straining to read and enlarged the text as well.3.jpg

However, looking at this from a marketing perspective it is generally a good idea to have the text pop from the image, so I created the following with an outline on the text to help it draw attention and also tried your idea with a mushroom in the middle.

2.jpg 1.jpg

Let me know if you like it or need anything else! And good luck with your business!

shroomcycle

Hi shroomcycle,

Thank you for your request! I've made some rough designs I hope you like. I've tweaked some things like the circle in the center of the spores which was initially not fully centered and some other things. Here's one following your initial idea where the text blends with the background but is still legible. I dialed down the curvature of the words to make it less eye straining to read and enlarged the text as well.View attachment 112040

However, looking at this from a marketing perspective it is generally a good idea to have the text pop from the image, so I created the following with an outline on the text to help it draw attention and also tried your idea with a mushroom in the middle.

View attachment 112042 View attachment 112043

Let me know if you like it or need anything else! And good luck with your business!

Hi Shadowolf, thank you so much for responding and throwing some ideas together i really appreciate it.

I like the designs and I might just use these for the website when i am finished with it.

All the best