What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific "graphic" edit

Hey guys, I hope you're all safe during these hard times!
I am working on making a box, and the manufacturer requires the logo to be in pdf in order to laser it on the wooden box I am making.
though, I tried youtube tutorials for photoshop and tried to use canva for few days now, but honestly, I just can't get it right.
I've made the design I want on canva but I cant seem to get the colors right, the quality nor the type of file I need in order for them to make it.
is it possible one of you guys will help me with creating a similar design with the right colors and pdf?
thank you so so much!
stay safe!

heres the design I've made
Red (I'd like it more Maroon/bordo)
and the yellow (I was going for GOLD lol)
*the design doesn't have to be identical if it requires too much time from you guys, but could be similar. or if you guys have a more creative design, such as DNA illustration I'm up for ideas :)
thanks again!

Resveratrol diamond  pearl.PNG

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Dor Adam Bukobza
I would help any forum member that may jump to assist to know:
1) if the image needs to be in raster/pixel format or if the engraving company needs it in vector format. Converting from raster to vector format is definitively more work yet best to know which one so as not to target the wrong result.
2) Do you have a better copy of the image. This is in PNG format yet seems highly pixelated as if it were from a smaller enlarged version or a magnificed screenshot. Starting with the original file would be best
3) Finally, this may be due to a lack of my knowledge, yet if you are laser engraving in wood, does this somewho include different colors in the wood as well? I am unfamiliar with laster enscribing/etching that also works with a color palette.

With the above, forum members could be target the desired end result.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

Hey, firstly thanks so much for taking the time to answer and help.
1. they asked me for PDF file so I don't really know whats raster nor vector (I know I am a noob lol)
2. I made it on a site called canva just as an idea, but heres a better quality version -
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 6.04.51 PM.png
3. yes, they use color on the wood and then laser on it, that way it sticks :)

thanks again!

Hi Dor Adam Bukobza
I would help any forum member that may jump to assist to know:
1) if the image needs to be in raster/pixel format or if the engraving company needs it in vector format. Converting from raster to vector format is definitively more work yet best to know which one so as not to target the wrong result.
2) Do you have a better copy of the image. This is in PNG format yet seems highly pixelated as if it were from a smaller enlarged version or a magnificed screenshot. Starting with the original file would be best
3) Finally, this may be due to a lack of my knowledge, yet if you are laser engraving in wood, does this somewho include different colors in the wood as well? I am unfamiliar with laster enscribing/etching that also works with a color palette.

With the above, forum members could be target the desired end result.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

thebestcpu

Guru
OK, this is a good start for better information
1) It is important to either go to the manufacturers website or all them to get the specifics on the format. Often they ask for PDF format because that can preserve vectors yet that might not be their reason. If a forum member does the work in raster, you could find that the manufacturer will not be able to use it for you need. So wasting your time and forum members time.

2) Is there a way that you can provide the original image instead of a screen shot. Pixels can be modified going from the file to the display? Not familiar with canva yet assume you could export to PNG format instead of a screen shot (yet I don't know)

John Wheeler

Hey again. they asked for either PDF or AI (i guess thats adobe something?)
2. the first picture I uploaded was directly from canva without a screenshot but for some reason that site doesn't give many options ;/

OK, this is a good start for better information
1) It is important to either go to the manufacturers website or all them to get the specifics on the format. Often they ask for PDF format because that can preserve vectors yet that might not be their reason. If a forum member does the work in raster, you could find that the manufacturer will not be able to use it for you need. So wasting your time and forum members time.

2) Is there a way that you can provide the original image instead of a screen shot. Pixels can be modified going from the file to the display? Not familiar with canva yet assume you could export to PNG format instead of a screen shot (yet I don't know)

John Wheeler

thebestcpu

Guru
Well when they indicate PDF or AI (Adobe Illustrated) that is a pretty good give away that this is supposed to be a vector file. Does Canva support vector output? My guess is not yet if they did, that would be a slam dunk for the direction to take.

So your request needs to be that you have this created in vector format and save to a PDF file.

There are some forum members that know how to do this much more productively than I so hopefully one of them will stop by and give you a hand

John Wheeler

ADDED EDIT: There still is a possibility the laser engraver accepts raster format. That would be a lot easier than putting it in vector format. Might be worth asking instead of guessing what they want.

thank you! really! stay safe xx

Well when they indicate PDF or AI (Adobe Illustrated) that is a pretty good give away that this is supposed to be a vector file. Does Canva support vector output? My guess is not yet if they did, that would be a slam dunk for the direction to take.

So your request needs to be that you have this created in vector format and save to a PDF file.

There are some forum members that know how to do this much more productively than I so hopefully one of them will stop by and give you a hand

John Wheeler

ADDED EDIT: There still is a possibility the laser engraver accepts raster format. That would be a lot easier than putting it in vector format. Might be worth asking instead of guessing what they want.

I was able to do it.
please can someone close this thread
thanks

Hey guys, I hope you're all safe during these hard times!
I am working on making a box, and the manufacturer requires the logo to be in pdf in order to laser it on the wooden box I am making.
though, I tried youtube tutorials for photoshop and tried to use canva for few days now, but honestly, I just can't get it right.
I've made the design I want on canva but I cant seem to get the colors right, the quality nor the type of file I need in order for them to make it.
is it possible one of you guys will help me with creating a similar design with the right colors and pdf?
thank you so so much!
stay safe!

heres the design I've made
Red (I'd like it more Maroon/bordo)
and the yellow (I was going for GOLD lol)
*the design doesn't have to be identical if it requires too much time from you guys, but could be similar. or if you guys have a more creative design, such as DNA illustration I'm up for ideas :)
thanks again!

View attachment 111098