What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo Needed for Small Business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazerFalcon

• What type of work is needed? Logo Design.
  • What is your budget? ~$50
  • Description (below):
Logo design is for a dog behaviorist. She is a pit bull lover and has two pits of her own. The name of her business is "(Her Name) World of Dogs", so we'd like a pit bull in the foreground with a globe/earth behind it in the background. She was a University of Alabama graduate (she loves the color crimson, anyway), so I'm thinking the oceans can be white, the pit bull can be gray, and the continents can be crimson. I'd also be open to see a version where the pit bull is crimson and the continents are gray. I'll probably prefer the former to the latter, but I'd still be interested in seeing it if it's not too much trouble.

Here is a link to what I put together with a couple of Google images and MS Paint:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/LeftwichQB7/lhwod_logo.png

Hopefully that visual will give y'all a better idea of what I'm looking for. I'm open to some added creativity, though. When done, would like to put the title of her business circling the logo. However, I'd rather provide that information privately considering her name is included in the name of the business. I hope that's OK?

• Deadline: ~1 Week

ibclare

Queen Bee
Do you by chance have a picture of one of her dogs that you'd like us to use, rather than looking on the web for some anonymous pit?

Is this going in the direction that you want?

globe2.jpg globe.jpg

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
Sounds good...

I will work on some designs today for you. Could you please PM me her name.

BlazerFalcon

Hey guys!

Terrific work so far.

Here is a pic of her current pit:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/LeftwichQB7/trump.jpg

He's obviously all white, though. I suppose if y'all wanted to make a logo of him, you could make the oceans gray and the continents crimson in the background to compensate for him being white?

By the way, couple of suggestions so far:
@ibclare: I'd prefer it if the dog were more cartoonish in appearance for simplicity's sake. We'll be using this logo on T-shirts and the mobile site, so I think a simplified logo would look better when shrunk down. I'd be worried that a logo with too much detail (by that I mean too much detail with respect to the dog's facial features) might look weird if shrunk down. Additionally, I think simplified gives a cleaner, more professional look. Oh, and maybe it's just my Mac, but the continents look more red than crimson.

@Inkz: I love the logo thus far. That is the kind of look I'm looking for in terms of the dog. I also like how you put that border around the globe. As far as suggestions go, you can definitely take out the halo. I'd like to see the ocean be a white or grayish-white (meaning more white than gray, though a grayish tint would be acceptable since it'd complement the dog's coat) and the continents crimson. To make the continents more visible, you might have to reorient the positioning of the globe in the background to perhaps make Africa or South America more visible. The other possibility is to slightly shrink the head of the pit in order to make the continents more visible (that being said, I think the dog size is perfect, but you do what you gotta do - you know how to make it look good!).

Excellent work again, guys.

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
Hey guys!

Terrific work so far.

Here is a pic of her current pit:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/LeftwichQB7/trump.jpg

He's obviously all white, though. I suppose if y'all wanted to make a logo of him, you could make the oceans gray and the continents crimson in the background to compensate for him being white?

By the way, couple of suggestions so far:
@ibclare: I'd prefer it if the dog were more cartoonish in appearance for simplicity's sake. We'll be using this logo on T-shirts and the mobile site, so I think a simplified logo would look better when shrunk down. I'd be worried that a logo with too much detail (by that I mean too much detail with respect to the dog's facial features) might look weird if shrunk down. Additionally, I think simplified gives a cleaner, more professional look. Oh, and maybe it's just my Mac, but the continents look more red than crimson.

@Inkz: I love the logo thus far. That is the kind of look I'm looking for in terms of the dog. I also like how you put that border around the globe. As far as suggestions go, I'd like to see the ocean be a white or grayish-white (meaning more white than gray, though a grayish tint would be acceptable since it'd complement the dog's coat) and the continents crimson. To make the continents more visible, you might have to reorient the positioning of the globe in the background to perhaps make Africa or South America more visible. The other possibility is to slightly shrink the head of the pit in order to make the continents more visible.

Excellent work again, guys.

Thanks for the feeback..

I will make the changes as you asked and post in an updated version.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Inkz, that's really nicely done.

I made a few changes, and guys, I really didn't steal the circular border idea from Inkz! It was almost a given that there would be one. Anyway, here's another design from me.

I can add more detail to the dog if you'd like but I tried to work with the picture you gave me, shich was really small so, details like the eyes just disappeared. If you have a larger or higher resolution photo . . .

globe3.jpg

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
Here is a v2 design with all elements you asked for. I think the similarity between the dog in the logo and Trump is the best I can get it lol.

Attachments

• PITV2W.png
    PITV2W.png
    343.4 KB · Views: 4

mattmorz

here's mine...this is just some sort of a draft..the dog is base on the picture that you have given..placement can be adjust..
PS: dog can be improved...
logodogbymattmorz.png

BlazerFalcon

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you other designers know that I'm going with Inkz's design so that nobody wastes their time.

I'm currently waiting on the business owner to approve the final design. I suppose Inkz will then post said design to this thread.

Thanks, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.