What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a design of a new tattoo!

Swagtastix

Hey guys!

I'm new here and I was wondering if I could make a request! I'm new to this site and by browsing the other requested ( and now completed ) threads, I thought, why not throw my idea of a new tattoo out here!

First image: an unbreakable spirit - preferable a glowy light
Second image: broken bones

What I want from this is to wake up every morning and see that even though my bones break easily, due to a brittle bone disease, it will not break my spirit.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how the bones should look, I was hoping it would be broken, and then the spirit be right there inside, or outside of it, or even surrounded. I don't have any images to help make this request easier, but I'm hoping you guys could use your photoshop mojo and try to come up with something.

Overall: What comes to mind when you think of putting an image together consisting of broken bones and a spirit?

Thanks guys and can't wait to see some results!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi, sorry you haven't had responses to this. Christmas time and most folks aren't even around the forum Anyway, let me know if you're still looking and I'll work on something for you. I have a couple ideas but don't know if they're good tattoo material so no promises on the results.
:mrgreen: Clare

Hoogle

Guru
I believe we have a tattoo artist here that could help and have a better idea of how to put an idea together.

But quick question Black & White or Colour.

Hoogle

Guru
oh and not to get personal are you male or female I can guess but usually I am wrong and what body part will it be tattooed on

Hoogle

Guru
sORRY BUT IT WAS HARD TO INCORPORATE BONES INTO IT AND WE HAVE DISCOVERED IN THE PAST MY TATTOO DESIGN IS NOT VERY GOOD BUT i HAVE MADE AN ATTEMPT FOR YOU
TATTOO.png

Swagtastix

Hi, sorry you haven't had responses to this. Christmas time and most folks aren't even around the forum Anyway, let me know if you're still looking and I'll work on something for you. I have a couple ideas but don't know if they're good tattoo material so no promises on the results.
:mrgreen: Clare
Yeah I expected it, and it's all good though. Family comes first. I'm still in need of a design. Thanks.

I believe we have a tattoo artist here that could help and have a better idea of how to put an idea together.

But quick question Black & White or Colour.
Color is what I'm looking for to emphasize the spirit and bones.

oh and not to get personal are you male or female I can guess but usually I am wrong and what body part will it be tattooed on
Male. I'm thinking of on my left upper arm or forearm.

Hoogle

Guru
Oh guess that scraps my design then lol Sorry but I am stuck for ideas now

Paul

Former Member
The actual design will be in respect of the size of your 'upper arm OR forearm', either will carry a slightly different tattoo design. Is your forearm 'popeye' in shape or have you got 'matchstick' arms, not being funny but it does help in making a design up.
You also are asking to incorporate broken bones with a smoke type of effect to mimic 'spirit', nice idea.
Do you want old school design/sailor/retro/cyber punk/irezumi/modern/new age/celtic or some other of your own preference?

Swagtastix

sORRY BUT IT WAS HARD TO INCORPORATE BONES INTO IT AND WE HAVE DISCOVERED IN THE PAST MY TATTOO DESIGN IS NOT VERY GOOD BUT i HAVE MADE AN ATTEMPT FOR YOU
View attachment 11847
That is a really awesome design. For me personally, I wouldn't want this on my body, but it's a really cool idea though for something else. Thanks though!
The actual design will be in respect of the size of your 'upper arm OR forearm', either will carry a slightly different tattoo design. Is your forearm 'popeye' in shape or have you got 'matchstick' arms, not being funny but it does help in making a design up.
You also are asking to incorporate broken bones with a smoke type of effect to mimic 'spirit', nice idea.
Do you want old school design/sailor/retro/cyber punk/irezumi/modern/new age/celtic or some other of your own preference?
My arm is like matchstick, I guess. As for the spirit, I don't want it to look like a smoke type of effect. Imagine this: You can break all the bones in my body, but you can't break my spirit. Like what does this mean visually? Ya know? Awesome work though.

To all: I appreciate all the attempts and each one narrows the likes/dislikes of what I want for my tattoo.

Paul

Former Member
Thanks for the reply, i would personally look to upper arm or even chest for what you require mate.
The drawing i did was purely for ideas sake, NOT a actual design for application.

Hoogle

Guru
You can break all the bones in my body, but you can't break my spirit.

Lol That is what I was going to put on the text of my design I was thinking Braveheart "You can take my life, But you will never take my freedommmmmmmm"

ibclare

Queen Bee
How about an outline of the archangel Michael who is a fierce warrior, raising his sword in vengeance, he stands on the devil. He could stand on the broken bones. And all you'd have to have is an outline then the inner and outer glows.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I worked on this idea but I'm no tatoo artist. However, I do know that a good artist will use the ideas from your sketches to make a good design.

Anyway, it's just an idea.

Attachments

• tatoo.jpg
    tatoo.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 12

Paul

Former Member
Nice one Clare, the thing to remember with tattoo is - keep it simple, most people who come asking for work and bring there own designs - always need to be re drawn and thinned out.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Tx Paul. Yeah, keep it simple. But no matter what I came up with, I'd always have to have the tattoo artist fix it! That I know. The above was just an idea. It would have to be redrawn I know, but that is not a skill I really have anyway. Well, if I were really motivated -- as in it was for me or a friend, or I was being paid -- then I would take the time needed to draw it and color it in. But even then ... it would have to be fixed! :mrgreen:

Paul

Former Member
Clare that was not a criticism mate, it's just my experience of this over the years.
Tattoo inks even though they are a lot better now than ten years ago, still need a lot of help to give a good image longevity, skin also plays a major role in the design and ink appearance on the skin, another factor is sunlight, it will fuzz and blur any tattoo over time.
Any half decent tattoo artist would want to redraw any walk ins design, simply because of previously mentioned problems to over come.
Your design idea is a good one.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I didn't take it as a criticism Paul. Just knowing my limitations. I guess if that was a contest, I'd work on it. How about that for a challenge? Design a tattoo for your best friend or parent or worst enemy maybe!

Paul

Former Member
Put it to H, he might take you up on it?

Hoogle

Guru
Well I am willing to try anything new see what gets more members involved and more sociable. Anybody can start a competition or a challenge and if need be I can put a voting poll on it however the site only lets me put in 10 entries if we get anymore then it has to be split over 2 threads which means 2 votes for everyoneso if we have multiple entries from 1 user they all have to be on the same thread and I would like to set it up so you cant vote for yourself but i dont have that function I just get to see it when it is to late and if you remove votes it can also be counted as tampering with the voting.

So by all means if you have an idea for a challenge or competition post it and I will sticky it if need be and add a poll to it if you want a winner

But lets not have 100,s of challenges at the same time.