What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a logo design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabgog

Hey everybody, quick intro for myself, I've been doing home automation work for about 5 years now, Im also in the process of becoming an electrician, mostly industrial work. Through my electrical job I have been given the opportunity to become a contractor which requires me to start a business, and the company I used to do automation work through has shut down and I am the only person within a 150km radius with the technical training for Control4 automation so that will be another reason for starting up as a company. With my transition from employee to owner of my own business Im looking to make a company logo to use. I am pretty good with the technical aspect of computers and networking however photoshop and graphic design are not some of my skills. That being said I would like for someone to design me a simple logo I can use for a business card, maybe a sign, and a truck decal.
The company name is going to be Phantom Automation & Electric, I chose Phantom to go along with the home automation in the sense that its generally out of sight, like a phantom, ghost etc.

I'll post one design I liked the idea of, other than the fact that with my drawing skills it looks like a ten year old drew it. If you can think of a better one, or just modifications to this one I would be more than happy to see them.

Re: Looking for Logo design

Sabgog,

Welcome to PSGurus. This thread should probably get relocated to the freelance section.

Agent Moeller

sabgog

Oh ok, Is there a way for me to do that or do I need to repost in that section and let the mods delete this one?

sabgog

Please move it to freelance, I read through the forum topics but didn't notice it the first time around! Thanks a bunch

Josh Stemple

I can help you out. Any colors you prefer?

from me to you....

sabgog

Preferably Dark grey and/or black, I also wouldn't mind seeing one with the eyes below PAE done in red to see what it would look like. thanks

sabgog

Oh, and for people reading this, I'll pay 75$ for a good logo

sabgog

Sorry one thing I should have specified is that I would prefer it to be black and/or dark grey. It looks pretty good though, I kicked around the idea of the phantom mask before but couldn't come up with a good design in my head. In my head I can see my little sketch as more of a logo for a vehicle decal or sign and a little more modern, and yours looks a bit more classic, like something you would see on an invoice with company info. Your drawing gave me the idea though of possibly doing both, maybe my PAE emblem for decals and branding, and having yours where I would like to show the full company name. For doing both I think they would have to have some similarities though so that they are easily identifiable as being the same company, like using the eye from my sketch on the phantom mask on your logo, or using your mask on my emblem or something like that. any thoughts?

That's a good idea. Maybe even more uniform than that, though it is 3:00 in the morn here, so I'll have another look when I wake up.

I'm not quite sure I understand the conection between what you drew, and a phantom/ ghost though. I mean, when looking at the logo, It doesn't scream phantom at me, excuse the pun.

sabgog

Yep no rush here. And true, my drawing didn't necessarily show a phantom, however to be fair in a drawing like yours thats not showing a phantom either, technically that is just half a venetian mask, used in 'phantom of the opera' that the character uses to hide a deformity, and its called phantom of the opera because one of the main characters is like a "phantom" and hides out in the shadows, although I'm sure most people would make the connection between the mask and the word phantom so it still works. I can't really think of what exactly a phantom is when I try to picture it in my head, but when you think of a phantom or ghost or something similar to me its things that aren't fully seen, things that are obscure, hard to fully define, which is where the eyes came in for me, they aren't detailed with lashes or eyeballs or anything, they are less detailed and more obscure, like a face in a shadow (like a phantom)

Crotale

Power User
I am not a logo designer by trade, but, I made an attempt at this.

The "phantom" is made on a play between two lightning bolts and a pair of semi-demonic eyes. The radio waves are fairly synonymous with remote control security and environmental systems of today.

The overall design is simplistic enough for print, and can be used to represent any emerging tech you might want to advertise (by replacing the radio waves with another pertinent symbol).

The font is standard Arial and requires no license to use. Many designers and clients fail to acknowledge this legal tidbit, which can land them in court if they do not obtain the proper license or written permission.

PAEonex.jpg

sabgog

I am not a logo designer by trade, but, I made an attempt at this.

The "phantom" is made on a play between two lightning bolts and a pair of semi-demonic eyes. The radio waves are fairly synonymous with remote control security and environmental systems of today.

The overall design is simplistic enough for print, and can be used to represent any emerging tech you might want to advertise (by replacing the radio waves with another pertinent symbol).

The font is standard Arial and requires no license to use. Many designers and clients fail to acknowledge this legal tidbit, which can land them in court if they do not obtain the proper license or written permission.

View attachment 40959

So far I think this is my favorite, nice and simple, I like that you kept the same "demonic" style eyes, the harder lines, and Ive seen lots of electric companies use a lightning bolt in their logos which usually looks cheesy but the way you used them for the phantom I actually like. I think I would take out the radio waves though, right now the majority of my work is electrical based and thats where I would like a little more emphasis placed, plus a good majority of the automation work I do is IP based (generally wired) so Im not sure everyone would make the connection there. Now that I mention the electrical emphasis im also wondering if it would be better to be phantom electric and automation, just reversing the two words. would it be possible to see a quick change with a reversal of those two words and having the phantom centered above them or to the left side?

Hoogle

Guru
So has this job been done and paid for now, can the thread be closed, I assume watermarking is no longer essential as agreements have been made,

I don't get people on here they complain not enough money is made for work and then in the 1 section they can make money they upload images that can be easily taken and used for free. Not sure how they got past the approved attachment stage.

If this is an oversight or a forum glitch then lets hope the honour system will come into place.

either I have missed something here or an arrangement has been made that I am not aware off but all images posted in freelance section must contain watermarks that obscure the image enough as not to have it easily taken without payment.

This is not us being stiff on rules this is us looking out for the best interest in our members not just the designer but for the OP as well the idea can easily be stoien and reproduced for another company text changed to suit.

Crotale

Power User
I did not know a deal was made or else I would not have posted in the first place. I guess I must have misread the rules in that we are allowed to post our samples in the thread, as long as they are watermarked. It is after the customer chooses a designer or design that everything is supposed to be accomplished via private messaging or email.

Hoogle

Guru
so a deal was not made with you ?? I can see what is very faint watermark on your images after looking closely but anyone with slightest ability of Illustrator/photoshop/ms paint can remove your watermark.

Status
Not open for further replies.