What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a logo design

Status
Not open for further replies.
would have been safer and better if you uploaded it like this.

PAEonex2.png

FYI the same method used to display your original watermark eased of a little bit and your watermark would not be visible at all.
take that slight adjustment save the image and live trace it then voila someone maybe someone not the OP but another so called designer can easily steal your work and claim it as their own and sell it on all because you have not really watermarked sufficiently.

The watermarks are not just designed to stop people from saving it anyone with a half decent amount of skill in any graphical program can copy images and recreate designs but it is a stamp that shows ownership of the design so if someone further down the line steals your design you can then say hey look I designed this 6 months ago and pove it with your watermarked image online.

New copyright internet laws despite how unfair they are and despite how many people argue them a reasonable attempt has to be made to trace back the original designer/image owner etc source
If it can not be traced back to the original owner then they can pretty much do what they want with the images.

Still a gray area but a high profile case is going on now regarding someone posting their art online and a film company has pretty much stolen it due to lack of watermarks on the actual image or copyright info the artist has lost his case.

Not sure if your monitor needs tweaking or what, but I can see my original watermarks just fine. Even the redo you did will not prevent anyone from tracing over the shape outlines and adding in an Arial font text. The only real protection is to not post the work at all.

I have dealt with several copyright violations against my own work, so I understand the risks. Regardless, thanks for the heads up.

I agree with H on this why not do it like this for all on black on white images?

invert-white.jpg now thats a watermark;)

Hmm not sure what type of device you are on but I thought the watermark was pretty evident, a person like me would not have near enough skills to remove things like that though so no worries haha. crotale im happy with the logo, do you think I could have both though( logo to the side and logo on top)? I feel like I could use each for different things

One other question I had for people on the forum was when you buy a logo from someone does anyone ever ask for an agreement saying that the logo has been purchased and the purchaser obtains all rights to the image to avoid lawsuits and such? Or would something like that be covered if you put "payment for logo design" as a memo or something in a paypal transfer?

Feel free to send me a PM. We can work out the type of files you will want, transfer of ownership and the method of payment.

Respectfully,

Cro

Hmm not sure what type of device you are on but I thought the watermark was pretty evident, a person like me would not have near enough skills to remove things like that though so no worries haha. crotale im happy with the logo, do you think I could have both though( logo to the side and logo on top)? I feel like I could use each for different things

would have been safer and better if you uploaded it like this.

View attachment 40985

FYI the same method used to display your original watermark eased of a little bit and your watermark would not be visible at all.
take that slight adjustment save the image and live trace it then voila someone maybe someone not the OP but another so called designer can easily steal your work and claim it as their own and sell it on all because you have not really watermarked sufficiently.

The watermarks are not just designed to stop people from saving it anyone with a half decent amount of skill in any graphical program can copy images and recreate designs but it is a stamp that shows ownership of the design so if someone further down the line steals your design you can then say hey look I designed this 6 months ago and pove it with your watermarked image online.

New copyright internet laws despite how unfair they are and despite how many people argue them a reasonable attempt has to be made to trace back the original designer/image owner etc source
If it can not be traced back to the original owner then they can pretty much do what they want with the images.

Still a gray area but a high profile case is going on now regarding someone posting their art online and a film company has pretty much stolen it due to lack of watermarks on the actual image or copyright info the artist has lost his case.

What is so safe about that? That's all you need to do is copy the black and your golden without a watermark

Work has been completed by Crotale and payment was sent. This thread can be closed anytime. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back