What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for help with ring retouching and how to reach end goal

Dirgeofelliot

Hi everyone,

I am currently learning how to properly retouching diamond rings. I have attached images of the what I am retouching (ex: Question1.png) and what it needs to look like (ex: Goal1.png). The goal images are above the question images.

I have tried a handful of methods to try and smooth out the gold band, and correctly emphasize the sharp edges of the diamonds. So far I have experimented with adjusting levels, hue/saturation, creating paths for each element of the ring, using the spot healing brush, the healing brush, the patch tool, and the dust and scratches filter. I am getting a bit closer, but the end goal features a much smoother looking bold band, and brighter, crisp diamonds.

I believe there should be a brush of some sort that I should be able to guide along the current gold band to smooth it out, and levels should help with the diamonds, but I would really appreciate any tips on how I can reach my goal.

Thank you

Goal1.png

Goal2.png

Question1.png

Question2.png

Back