What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Photoshop gurus for long term contract work

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting, looks like it might work pretty well.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Yeah..that Grid ap looks like it would work..would need a job though at $150 bucks a copy.

hawkeye

Guru
I tried it once but didn't find it all that useful, nor is it simple to use. It essentially expands upon the type of warp and liquefy functions that you find in Photoshop. It still requires a lot of time to get right. Once you have though, the template/grid can be used any as often as needed, but only for the exact same piece of furniture.

ALB68

Heed..the voice of experience speaks!
I tried it once but didn't find it all that useful, nor is it simple to use. It essentially expands upon the type of warp and liquefy functions that you find in Photoshop. It still requires a lot of time to get right. Once you have though, the template/grid can be used any as often as needed, but only for the exact same piece of furniture.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Not that I'm saying the discussion taking place is OT or inappropriate..... But is it right that we should be discussing these things here?

Regardless how the plug-in fairs ..... By posting the link to the plug-in, the OP will have the means to do it in PS assuming he knows how to use it or takes the initiative to know how to use it.

And because of that, you guys or someone among you may lose out on the opportunity to get the job.

It's still freelancer's prerogative whether to accept or turn down the OP's offer.

I'll leave things as is. Unless you guys think otherwise.....

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
But wait...we are supposed to practice some kind of magic here. Just wave that Photoshop wand and wonderful and magic things happen with little cost consequence to the client. Somehow, many clients believe that since this work is so "easy" that it's value is somehow lowered. :rolleyes:

This is one particular instance and offer where I will not agree that you guys should lower your value just for the sake of earning a buck or 2.

As for the "magic wand" you mention...... on bended knee.... tell me were where to get one ASAP. It will make my design work life a breeze.... :rofl:.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I certainly could be wrong, but I don't think the OP is interested in doing this work his or herself, that's why they're here soliciting help. I trust Hawkeyes assessment of the software and I don't think it would be that helpful anyway.

Notice Hawkeye mentions warp and liquify. As has been mentioned, I've also played with enough displacement to know that this will be much more work than I think the OP expects in that it will require more than displacement techniques. So I agree with dv8, that anyone considering this job, keep your estimates high.

You guys don't have a magic wand? :cry:

hawkeye

Guru
Not that I'm saying the discussion taking place is OT or inappropriate..... But is it right that we should be discussing these things here?

Regardless how the plug-in fairs ..... By posting the link to the plug-in, the OP will have the means to do it in PS assuming he knows how to use it or takes the initiative to know how to use it.

And because of that, you guys or someone among you may lose out on the opportunity to get the job.

It's still freelancer's prerogative whether to accept or turn down the OP's offer.

I'll leave things as is. Unless you guys think otherwise.....

I'm offering the information to anyone who might want to try it in conjunction with taking on this job. Unless the OP is very experienced with Photoshop, the software would be of no use to them. It is not anywhere close to a one click solution. Additionally even after warping/distorting one still has add highlights and shadows.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I doubt any plugin could complete the job, so a PS guru is still called for. But where is this thread going. My beard is down to my knees and I'm halfway through my hundred year's sleep.

ALB68

Ha..I wish!:lol:
This is one particular instance and offer where I will not agree that you guys should lower your value just for the sake of earning a buck or 2.

As for the "magic wand" you mention...... on bended knee.... tell me were where to get one ASAP. It will make my design work life a breeze.... :rofl:.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Claraby said:
But where is this thread going. My beard is down to my knees and I'm halfway through my hundred year's sleep.

Well, i made it below your knees to give it some more time.

Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 6.03.29 PM.png

Last edited:

wbullard

I certainly could be wrong, but I don't think the OP is interested in doing this work his or herself, that's why they're here soliciting help. I trust Hawkeyes assessment of the software and I don't think it would be that helpful anyway.

Notice Hawkeye mentions warp and liquify. As has been mentioned, I've also played with enough displacement to know that this will be much more work than I think the OP expects in that it will require more than displacement techniques. So I agree with dv8, that anyone considering this job, keep your estimates high.

You guys don't have a magic wand? :cry:
Hi Sam,
You are correct in that we don't want to do this work and are looking for persons who have the skills, reliability and professionalism we can count on for the long haul. One applicant initially said it would take hours to do each one, but after he actually did about 8 for practice he apparently learned techniques, or found a wand, to get his time down to about 15 minutes. We don't care what people charge per hour. We only care about how much we would be charged for a professional result.

egosbar

Guru
heres my try velvet

just cant get the seat right , not easy pattern too work with

Attachments

• grayson-chair watermark.jpg
    grayson-chair watermark.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ego, your images are not properly watermarked so they can not be approved.

egosbar

Guru
i know but thats not easy to do got any ideas

the wavy white lines on the front bottom right should be the same as the left bottom

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
wbullard said:
One applicant initially said it would take hours to do each one, but after he actually did about 8 for practice he apparently learned techniques, or found a wand, to get his time down to about 15 minutes.

Was he using the same image (chair)?

If so, as Hawkeye has explained, he simply divided the areas of the chair into separate layers and made a displacement mask for each layer (or used a blend mode) and added the fabric to the individuale layers in the right direction. So this would explain how he was able to do them quickly.

If all the furniture items were different, then this process would have to be applied to each and take up much more time. I'm not saying it cant be done, I'm saying it could prove to be a lot of work.

Note: Starting off with a neutral colored chair/furniture would greatly help.