What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for some from-scratch photoshop, if there are any volunteers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartomaton

Note: I read the rules top to bottom, yes, but as this is my first time making a request here (Reddit's /DrawForMe sub is completely useless, as are the other places I've tried.), and my idea is a bit unorthodox, I still haven't got a clue what I'm doing. Just a heads up.

OKAY! So, that's out of the way, here goes.

I've started a YouTube channel, and I need some gorgeous artwork to serve as my avatar and channel banner. I have an idea in my head, but my lack of ability to draw or find anything similar to it on the internet leaves me with just a detailed description of what I'd like to see. If you're still on the same page with me after reading it, super! If not, I'm sorry I stole a few seconds of your time. Or a minute. Depends on how fast you read, I suppose.

Anyway, what I have in mind is a slightly slim (vertically) heart-shaped iPhone-like device (Heartomaton! It... sounds cool to me, at least. :X), with an EKG heart monitor line (That thing that goes beep-beep-beep-beep all the time, then beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- when someone dies. You all know what I mean.) going horizontally across the middle of the device's screen, with the iconic HAL9000-style red "eye" in the middle of that line. Main device body is black, line and eye are red.

For the avatar, I just want that device floating a few inches or so above a pure white surface for contrast (With or without a shadow. I don't care either way.) and facing a bit off to the side, and for the banner, the same device facing toward the viewer from the background, with a red-and-black circuit-board pattern surrounding it on all sides and filling the rest of the background, and it should be projecting a red-tinted hologram of the name HEARTOMATON into the foreground. I have no idea what the proper dimensions are for either piece of work, but that should be readily available information for an artist, I suspect.

If you're still here, hooray! Thank you already!

I can pay for this through PayPal (Though if you're just giving it away, I wouldn't say no.), but if your named price is a little steep it may have to wait until I get paid (On the 20th), and if it's unreasonably steep (I'll know it if I see it), I'll just turn it down. I don't want to see turned down artwork given to others, either. I'm very attached to this character idea of mine.

Once again, no idea what I'm doing. If I've broken a firm rule unknowingly, sorry about that.

*Also, *any*. can't edit thread titles after the fact.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Heartomaton.....

Welcome to PSG.

I assume you've gone through our minimum pricing list ... https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...read-first-post1533609548.html#post1533609548 .... and bracing yourself for the offers from interested freelancers. But you all are allowed to negotiate for an acceptable fee based on the work involved and time spent.

The freelancers are required to post here before they can contact you. Please deal with qualified PSG freelancers only.

I hope you find the right candidate for the job....

Heartomaton

PM Sent.

Regards.
MrTom.

Something may have gone wrong, I didn't receive a message.
Hi

Before I go any further is this along the right lines?

Lee

View attachment 50576

That's extremely close! Just a bit thinner vertically, with the bottom of the device coming to a sharper point, and the screen fitting the body's form, and that right there is pretty much a winner! That, sir, is amazing. Both thumbs up, more if I had them.

Seaco

Power User
Ok that's fine let me know when you can see it, strange as I can view it here?

Lee

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Should be fine now. That's a system function for this forum only.

Last edited:

Heartomaton

That's it! With just the body color changed to a metallic red and the jagged part of the EKG line moved closer to the eye to compensate for the slimming down, then that will be exactky what I want for my avatar! Bravo sir! :D

MrToM

Guru
PM sent again due to system failure.

Regards.
MrTom.

Seaco

Power User
That's it! With just the body color changed to a metallic red and the jagged part of the EKG line moved closer to the eye to compensate for the slimming down, then that will be exactky what I want for my avatar! Bravo sir! :D

Hi

Do you mean the white or the grey changed to red?

Lee

ALB68

Is this job still active? No activity in the last 4 days. Please post if completed and we will close it. It's beyond the 72 hour response time now.

MrToM

Guru
It is for me Larry....but its not completed yet....in fact it hasn't even started yet.

If I've read the rules correctly its the OP that needs to continually update the thread.
Due to their other commitments their PM response time is slow....not a major problem for me but PM's are few and far between.

I can post here if you need me to, despite nothing happening...yet.

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

OK. Just checking, If there is activity with it that's good. Maybe the OP will give some feedback as it progresses. Thanks!
It is for me Larry....but its not completed yet....in fact it hasn't even started yet.

If I've read the rules correctly its the OP that needs to continually update the thread.
Due to their other commitments their PM response time is slow....not a major problem for me but PM's are few and far between.

I can post here if you need me to, despite nothing happening...yet.

Regards.
MrTom.

Seaco

Power User
Hi Larry

It appears to be almost completed although the client says payment has to wait until the 20th, I will post as soon as it's completed...

Lee

ALB68

Thanks!

MrToM

Guru
Yeah, that's the info I have too....waiting for the 20th.

Regards.
MrTom.

Status
Not open for further replies.