What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid Looking for text/style options for book's title page logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoSentYou

Price
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a personal book of letters I'm giving as a gift. Someone here helped with the logo of the two foxes, the issue I'm having now is how to make the title and subtitle work with the logo; meaning, what shape and style it all takes together with the words.

This is my amateurish stab at it (not perfectly centered or anything). I tried to separate the title letters to try to make it feel a little more...I don't know, elegant:

And someone I know came up with this:

But I still don't like it much (and it's missing the subtitle). I'm not sure how I feel about the foxes being separated instead of together.

So I guess I need ideas and creative suggestions. How would you position and style the text of the title for the title logo of the book? You can try a variation of my initial experiment up there, or try new options, however you please.

Some guidelines: I don't want anything too flowery, like the cursive below.

I'm looking for something clean and elegant, yet subtly stylish. I'm flexible and not married to any particular font, but to give you an idea, have been looking at Baskerville, Mrs. Eaves, Garamond, stuff like that. Stuff that is simple with a stylistic touch. I'm trying to stay away from Sans Serif fonts.

I'm sorry I can't be more precise, since there's so much subjectivity involved. I was going to offer $20 USD, but I know sometimes there's fees with Paypal sometimes, so I added two bucks for that.

This is one of those where the parameters are less precise than, e.g., "change this color to blue please". I know I may get a few different proposals, and I may not like all of them for entirely subjective/taste reasons, so please don't be offended if I don't. I guess the more options I see, the more likely it is that I'll say, "that's it!". It's just one of those where I'll know it when I see it, but if I sense that someone is getting close, I may ask for some tweaks.

Once I choose someone, I'll send payment. And for the person I choose, if I like their aesthetic, I may ask them privately to come up with another couple of variations for, say, another $10 or whatever, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I hope I'm being clear, feel free to ask questions. Thanks so much.

The file to use of the foxes is below:

Last edited:

WhoSentYou

Hi, Zero. Love your screen name!

I appreciate the option, but I don't like it. I'd like to keep the foxes on the same plane of sight because, whether they are together or separated by letters, they have to be looking at each other. The book is about the relationship, so a sense of connection in the logo is key.

WhoSentYou

Hi Gene!

I don't love it. The letters feel MASSIVE, and I'm not keen on "selected letters" being white against a gray box. I'm going for elegance and simplicity, so I'd like all letters to be black. Thanks so much for your input; good to see you.

Zero Creativity

Glad you like my name :D So I made another version. Tell me do you like fonts, their seize and placement of text, this will help us a lot.

2.jpg

WhoSentYou

I'm sorry, I don't like it at all. I'm going for simplicity and elegance, as though you were buying a properly published book from a store.

This looks all wonky - the positioning is askew, the word "taming" has some really weird design flourishes on the N and the M. It's almost the exact opposite of what I'm looking for. Sorry!

Zero Creativity

Sure, I can change that. So how do you like it? I made the font more "toned" and the text is evenly spread. If you want me to change it, tell me.

3.jpg

polarwoc

Guru
Hi again,

I liked your top design where the fox and the vixen have a clear line of sight between them. I would term the style of lettering, style, spacing, design as 'Classic'.

As a side note, I observe that the Vixen is changed back to normal size and the tail overflow that denotes closeness is now not there. If that is how you like it, I will retain it that way. I understand likes evolve through the design process.

Below, I used Times New Roman for the top lettering and Verdana for the bottom lettering. I thought the top lettering being the title should be emphasized with bold, considering so much of white space surrounding it. I also centered the Title and Text Selected Letters, knowing that there would be more text that would come onto cover - like names of Authors, subtitle, dates, etc.

Since the mode of communication is letters, and letters being the central theme of the book, I thought they should be incorporated into the cover page, so I added rectangular letters. The 'letters' seemed like mirrors from other points of view, so I gave the letters some curvature. Since you wanted simplicity, I did not go through adding lines or Heart symbols on the letters. I can add if you wish to see how it looks like but for now, I wanted to get an input on the direction I have taken.

I also wanted to know if the lines below all 'i's in the title are by design?

1743-After-BookCover@0,25x.png

polarwoc

Guru
Hopefully the OP has finally got his book published. It would be great to get a confirmation.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What is the status of this request?

Status
Not open for further replies.