What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Wand

Wyv

Hi everyone. Today I tried to use for the first time Photoshop, sorry for my noobness.
I already tried to make some research and read the guide but still no luck.
I was trying to add to my "Stream Offline" page (Animate image) on twitch the phrase "Stream Offline". I did it, but i didn't like it at all, so i tried to animate the phrase too.
The result it's kinda cool but i can't use the magic wand properly to make it transparent.
I did a black background with the phrase "Stream Offline" in white and turned it into an image. Then i used the magic wand to delete the phrase (Stream Offline) and the result was the black background and the deleted phrase inside being transparent.
I added a short video in background with lights everywere and the result is the black background and inside the phrase Stream Offline animated with lights and stuff.
Now i have to merge the Twitch animated background with the animated phrase. My problem is the black background.
I tried to adjust the opacity but it also reduce the opacity of the phrase until it fades completely. It doesn't work at all.
Now and i'm trying to use the magic wand to delete the black background, otherwise i'm gonna see a black square on the background image but i can't do it.
I use the magic wand with success, but it only deletes 1 single frame of the video. I'm trying to delete the black background from the entire lenght of the video, not only 1 frame.
Any clue how to do it? I guess i could delete every single frame of the video but it's an endless job since there are also R A O which require to also use the magic wand to delete the inside of the letters. I should basically remove every single frame 4 times 1 for the black background and 3 for R, A,O..
I'm also opened to any suggestion about how to properly do what i did becouse i guess there are more efficient ways to do it....

Thank you.

Mod edit: Please post all images directly to the forum. Please read forum rules.

Last edited:
Hi wyv
Attached is an image of how I would go about doing what you desire.
I I make two video groups with your background in he lower and your working in the upper group
2) Once you have sized the wording as desired, create a selection of the words, and covert that selection into a Layer Mask for the upper Video group

Now you may have a lot of questions about the various steps since you are just starting yet this eliminates the black background for the words

Hope this helps
John Wheeler

How-to-mask-video.jpg

Back