What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make image part transparent?

Bluie

Hello

I have a PNG image (please see attached) and need to made the middle colour (in between the dark green to the left and the whitish colour to the right) transparent.

I have tried duplicating the layer and then using the background eraser too but that didn't work. Any advice would be welcome, thanks!

Blueguru_forum.jpg

Hi Bluie,

I would try going to SELECT > COLOR RANGE > then use the eyedropper (mouse) to select the color (middle color) you wish to remove.

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 5.45.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 5.45.48 PM copy.png

Click OK and you will have a selection....

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 5.46.41 PM.png

Then hit the delete key. Hit Command/Control + D to deselect.

Now it's transparent. Save as a PNG file.

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 5.46.51 PM.png

Hello IamSam

Thank you very much for that! I got it to work and it now looks fine in place.

Thanks a lot!

Blue

PS: I notice you are a forum moderator. I am not sure if you are aware, but in IE there seems to be an issue uploading images to the forum, and with typing, too. The [Enter] key doesn't seem to work in IE so that it's not possible to break up text into paragraphs, for instance, when posting.

I am able to break this message into paragraphs because I have come onto Safari on Windows.

Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks again for your above help - I've bookmarked it.

Blue

Back