What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making a solar system? (or a bunch of very nice stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair

Guru
I need to create a background for a piece... but it cant look cartoony or anything, and I dont want any planets. I just want really cool looking stars. I have tried various ways... does anyone have a good tutorial or something to accomplish this? 8)) in advance - Alistair

Erik

Guru
Do you mean like the images you find over at Nasa or Hubblesite?

Moth

Power User
One of the joy's of the tutorial is that you can make your starfield as busy or as sparse as you want. The planet tutorial can be adapted to make nebula once you understand the technique.

ranger72

Fast and Easy Starfield

Here you go Alistair

Here is a really fast and easy starfield/nebullae tutorial do it once or twice and you can create what your looking for in 30 seconds or so and it is totally tweakable

Try it! You'll like it!

Ranger72 3[ http://www.myjanee.com/PSRL/PStips3.htm#star

BTW-you need to scroll down just a bit once the page opens...its about the third one down!:>)

Shreck

Thanks Ranger72
I tried the technique for the quickie starfield. I think it is very interesting and it is quick.
I also added a "Nova" from a Snowflake generator program to give the eye somewhere to go.
BTW- is 72 the year you went in or the year you got out(or neither)?
Airborne
shreck

Alistair

Guru
Shreck said:
BTW- is 72 the year you went in or the year you got out(or neither)?
Airborne
shreck
Really, I think it is only just two anomynous numbers that he typed in using one to two fingures located on either his right or left hand, or both. [confused] [confused] ;) :D Good pic :) I'm ganna try the tute as soon as im not as lazy as I am right now (ita also is 12:30 am... hey that explains the laziness [no i am not tired)

Alistair

Guru
Ok im getting there.. but i tryed to mirror it.. so it looks like the ground is the reflection of the system... and it isnt good enough. Any suggestions?

Peterp

I have had some experience in making a solar power system background. You can use some real photos, and put a effect filter over them. There are many effect filters you can choose from, depending which kinda look you are interested in going for. Then adjust some of the color balances, or use a lens flare effect, to get something out of this world.

iDad

Guru
Wow last post to this before yours Peterp
03-25-2004 02:31 AM..... nothing like a day late and a dollar short don't cha think lol

I think it has run it's coarse .if not Admin can reopen,just ask. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.