What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marlborough A&P Show Banner

Trevor Dennis

A&P stands for Agriculture & Pasture, and the show is pretty much like the farm shows you see in other countries. There’s a big ring with various horse riding events, sheep dogs, old and new farm machinery, and marquees (not the selection type) full of prize winning vegetables, cakes, and a even a photography competition. I’ve judged the photography for three years prior to 2012, and was the show photographer in 2012.

The end of the second day is marked by the grand parade where the competitors and old vehicles troupe into the big ring, so I used that as a theme when asked to design a new banner for them. The pictures are mostly mine, but the ferris wheel was made in Photoshop and the people on it grabbed from Google Images. The cars on the ferris wheel were an ideal subject for Photoshop Smart Objects as I went through a few versions and sizes before they looked right, and I only had to edit one to edit them all. Apart from the colour of course, which was clipped to the cars in separate layers.

I didn’t design the graphic on the right, although I did produce this high res version of it, (the full res banner is 10,000 pixels wide).
A&P Show.jpg

Very nice work Trevor! That's a huge baby in that lime green car just above the tractor drivers head! The loaded cars would tend to rock a bit backwards, otherwise, a lot of fun going on with that Ferris Wheel!

Back