What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merge these 2 photos to look like they belong together

nerdgasm

Hi guys, I like to take statue photography and I want to blend them into real environments but Im not quite sure how to achieve this. I want to add the speeder bike to the woods and add some motion. Any help would be great. I really appreciate this. I have basic photoshop knowledge.

speederbike.jpgwoods.jpg

nerdgasm

wanna give it a try and let me see. I swear sometimes I'm dumb when it comes to the easiest things

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here is the ST on the Speeder removed from it BG.
Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 11.56.22 PM.png

This is the forest on Endor.
Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 12.05.54 AM.png

Here I have opened the ST into the forest document.
I converted the image to a Smart object and used Free Transform to size and position the ST.
Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 12.06.16 AM.png

Then I added a motion blur filter (smart filter since we have a smart object) and used it's mask to apply the blur to certain areas to give it a sense of movement.
Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 12.05.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 12.13.41 AM.png

I did this very fast, so it needs some tweaking. But you get the idea.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No problem, just follow some of the tutorials I posted in post #2. These will help you in figuring out the techniques I used.

Good luck and I can't wait to see your results.

Feel free to ask any questions.

nerdgasm

No problem, just follow some of the tutorials I posted in post #2. These will help you in figuring out the techniques I used.

Good luck and I can't wait to see your results.

Feel free to ask any questions.

blur.jpg

Here is something quick I still have a lot to learn on cleaning up the cut image. But overall first try im happy

Untitled-1.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent job! You have a very nice result.

I made one blurring the BG as well. I just thought the other way was more realistic.
I was just working very fast to get something out for you to see. I would have to play with the lighting.

Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 10.18.41 PM.png