What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mermaid Night Lights

Raven

Power User
This was just some fun using VUE5 Inf., Poser6, and PS CS2. Just an idea I had regarding moonflowers (though these are purely imaginery sorts obviously), fireflies, mermaids, nightscenes....The flowers/plants were also 3d, I painted in the moons with PS, did all postwork with PS.

Since it used several apps and PS I thought I'd post it here...hope that's ok, Gare! :D

Yep

That's Application Convergence all right, Raven! ;)

What did you use Vue 5 for? I just got it; it's not all that stable, isn't it? But pretty pix, and nice animation and rendering features!

The mermaid looks lovely, BTW. Who did you use as a base character, Judy?

My Best,

Gare

:D Thanks Gare!

I used VUE5 Infinite for the background sky/lighting, moon, water, rocks, and the flowering plant (it was a type of primrose that came with VUE).

VUE is lots of fun, one thing I can recommend though is to be sure and get the update for it, it really helps a great deal with the stability. I haven't had any big problems with it after I installed the update. It is a bit finicky about how you add lights at times, but I tend to add a lot of stuff to scenes so on occasion it burps up a BAK file, but I make lots of "save as" files as I go along so I've never lost anything critical. I don't have problems importing poser stuff so long as I group all items and materials first into the file I want to use imported into VUE.

The mermaid and jar of fireflies are all Poser and they were grouped and imported into the VUE scene and there used the lights in VUE from the moon and reflected lights from the jar and area of the moonflowers (foregreound and to the left). PS was used to enhance colors and lighting and to paint and apply moons to the flowers and create the color tones of the petals (they were deep yellow to begin with) as well as to make lots of coloring changes to the mermaid and some to the VUE background.

The mermaid was created with V3 and morphs of the face and body afterwards, the mertail added and also morphed. Different texturing was used for the scales and body pattern than what comes with the mertail. As she is a complete model I might use her in another scene later. :)

:D Thanks so much Snowdog! :D
I try out ideas that may be kinda odd, and I'm not sure when I start them if they will work out, but I gotta just try it no matter what... and it's funny how the images just take off and lead to different things along the way. I always learn something from the exploring! :D ;)
I love moonlit scenes and all things to do with the ocean...this just was a bit of whimsy. 8D

Raven

I know what you mean. While I am still trying to master photoshop and will spend the rest of my life working on mastering it. I get ideas and just gotta get them out. Sometimes they are different then everyone else and sometimes , some people just don't get them. But I gotta get them outta my head to allow room for other ideas I guess! lol

Keep up the great work

SnowDog

B7 Yeah, I know just what ya mean!
Thanks Snowdog! :D

:D Thanks Welles! :D Btw that's a FUN new avatar you've made! 8D B7

:D Thanks Welles! :D Btw that's a FUN new avatar you've made! 8D B7

I thought this was a thread about Darryl Hannah. Your pic is nice too though, Raven. :D

have IO told you lately your abilities never cease... yeah I have... Sorry. ;\

:rofl: Well, she's not Darryl Hannah but she can splash around a bit with that flipper of hers! ;) :D Thanks for giving this a look over here ric, and for all the comments -- ya made my day! :D 8D

Back