What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mice vs Mouses

Mice or Mouses?

• Mice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mouses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sanby

Power User
Well, a daunting question I am sure, which has been in many minds and is lurking in a corner of the brain haunting many people. the ultimate question.

Is the Plural of a computer mouse MOUSES or MICE

Let's here from the PSG community.

BTW I heard somewhere, I do not remeber where (it cam up at a family gather with my two uncles, my dad and I, yes we're all computer nerds [excited] ) That the plural is acctually mouses. I don't know where this came from but I blieve it to be true.

My vote is Mouses.

Sanby

Grammatically speaking, it should be "mouses" since it's not actually the same as the animal. When you use the word "mice" you're not so much talking about plural but plural grouping which is an animal thing.

i.e. you could have one goose, but a gaggle of geese.

The really fun one is fish. One fish is a "fish". Many fish of the same kind are "fish". Many fish of different kinds are "fishes". heh

Ain't English grand? ;)

Inquiring minds DO need to know! ;)

This response from http://www.linguistlist.org/main.html

You're absolutely right. The plural of (computer) "mouse" is "mouses" rather than "mice". This is not an uncommon occurence. For example, during WWII, Howard Hughes built a huge plane, made of wood, which he called the "Flying Goose". If there had been more than one of these planes built, we would have called them the "Flying Gooses" not "Flying Geese". In fact, the word "goose" also refers to a tailor's iron. Two of those are also called "gooses" not "geese". Another similar example is that a despicable person may be called a "louse", but many despicable persons are not "lice" but "louses", and so on...
Hope this helps!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Vee!
I love it! :perfect: :D

LMAO

Lol, took me a second to realize whot that good looking guy was but I figured iut out.

Good one!

:rofl:

Sanby

hahaha hilarious Vee!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Sanby ... according to 'Mr Jinks' (cat of cartoon fame), and being a cat he must be an authority on the subject, the correct term is meeses ... I can still hear Mr Jinks saying "I hate those meeses to pieces" :rofl: :rofl: ... so it's meeses :)
dv8_fx .. nice work :perfect:

Back