What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Missing font error while i have the right font!!

tripz

hi everybody ! I just installed illustrator cs5 ( I want to use it for musical scores) and I've come into a problem:

I opened a musical score and an error message popped up because the software did not recognise the font I used ( a classical notation font), clicked ok, resuming document loading with a substitute font.

now

I have found the right font files and put it in the windows fonts folder, as well as in the illustrator font folder, but nothing happened and it continues to open my score files with the wrong substitute font!! the error message doesnt show up anymore! it seems like it has take replacing ex-missing font with another ( myriad pro) by default :( how can I solve this problem?

it seems that I cannot replace font in the document also.... I select parts and then select the font I want but nothing!

help!!

bye bye

pat

It has happened to me, too. Very often if you let Photoshop replace it when asked it will re-link and you're good to go.

uh ok you mean I should import the file into photoshop and replace the font? everytime I try to import a vectorialfile into photoshop it tries to rasterize it so I should say no, and then change the font? right?

thanks!!

pat

I don't believe you can just put the font in the folder, it has to actually be installed. I think in XP it can be done in control panel, using the top menu bar. It also has to be a ttf (true type font)
reggy

Back