What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Model Retouch/colour

Paul

Former Member
This is a NO PRIZE COMPETITION.

You enter this because you love photoshop in any form.
All i ask is that you play nice and let your imaginations run free.

The image is of a model, i converted it to black and white/grey scale, so we all get to do our own thing to the image, the original colour version is here also (seniorS thanks)
We will ALL vote on the overall winner (we are all winners here):)
NO ONE TO be offensive in critique please, as per normal - open honest and above all helpful to one another...
please stay to the original size posted please.
Thanks.

P.S. PNG FORMAT ONLY

Attachments

• hair-model.jpg
    hair-model.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 49
  • hair-models1.jpg
    hair-models1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Nice idea. I'm feel too weak today to take that chalange but thats looks promising.
Maybe after all posted their variant post original to compare? :)

Senior that is the original above.

This is my effort at re/colour.

Attachments

• hair-model copy.png
    hair-model copy.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 47
LoL...i thought in a lot diferent way.......AFTER all, before vote put all in line or something with origin :)

Whoooa love red hair mate, so sexy.

OK, I don't do this sort of thing so it is very amateur. But I would like to do more, just for the experience. I'm more painterly in my approach. Also, I had some problem. Tried to erase some of her flyaway hair in right lower corner and couldn't . . .

Attachments

• retouch.jpg
    retouch.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 32
It is very very very hard to erase part of hair to look it natural. Maybe try copy some hair area with background and copy/paste it over. Some transformation could help too. About picture, try to use layer masks to look more natural.

Thanks, I am using layer masks but I am not getting the color saturation I expected. Using Overlay blend mode; maybe I should just brush the opacity of color I want on and keep blend mode normal?

Usually yes, opacity have to change to get more natural look, and brash hardness change too and opacity for blending mode and so on and on.

Looks pretty good.
I don't think anyone is real expert on that one (don't know why someone should be :) )

P.S. Real challenge would be make her blond or even grizzled.

hair-model.jpg
oh well thought I would throw 1 out there as well shame it is such a low resolution pic to start off

Thats just it H, we get what we get in life, remember no winners no losers just everyone trying to achieve there own goals. And with a little help from others along the way we all become better people as well as better photo shoppers, keep them coming.
Whos to say H the next challenge might be a hi res image, hey who knows mate?

hair-models1.jpgSorry I didn't put much effort in this.

Attachments

• hair-models1.jpg
    hair-models1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 23

Back