What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Modo -- great 3d app with new features upgrade soon!

Raven

Power User
:surprised: For anyone who is interested in Modo, a new upgrade is coming which includes render and paint features, and much more etc. that looks pretty interesting...
check it out here http://www.luxology.com/modo/201/ ;)

As I just bought the Modo version 102 as a sidegrade from another app, I preordered this new upgrade as I really love this app and how well it works with other apps...the reason also has to do with getting a laptop computer to run my 3d apps away from my desktop area....

A true desktop replacement: I just bought/received a new custom Sager NP9880 laptop through PCTorque which has the P4 3.6ghz (660) and the NVidia Quadro FX Go 1400 256mb card, with 2 G of RAM, 100 GB HD, an external 200 GB Seagate HD, it has a wonderful 17" glossy LCD Wsxga+ display, DVD+- DVD+R DL, TV tuner, wireless, PC camera, etc... and am really enjoying using the 3d apps on this machine which I can take with me anywhere (I use the Alienware AMD Athlon64 FX-55/ ATI Radeon X800 XT Plat. Ed. desktop for other apps like PSCS2, vector and texturing work, and ZBrush, Poser, Messiah, C4D, LW8, etc). This is a good combination, so I plan to use Modo, Maya PLE, and other modeling apps mostly on the laptop. It's running beautifully and coooooolllllllll! B7 8D

---Maya

sPECtre

Guru
wow, what a setup!!!

Thanks for letting us Know about this App!

I take that you are doing professional level 3d for work?

Raven

Power User
I'm a "professional 3d enthusiast" is probably more like it ;) --- I'm always trying to learn more and enjoying every step of the way. I'm into it because I love creating 3d works, as well as 2d digitially, and with traditional media. ;)

Many thanks!
---Maya