What's new

Moondance

JeffK

Guru
This is one I thought about for several weeks and then spent several days on it. Changed as I went along - sometimes wanted one effect but transitioned to another. Saved and resaved/ Lots of layers - probably more than I needed. :cheesygrin:
- Jeff

dancer version 4.jpg

I like the very special atmosphere you created in your image.
It is meditative but peaceful, though I don't get tired to look at it for minutes again and again.

There is just a thing about your color range from pink to turquoise I find a bit out of harmony. But this is just me...and my personal taste.
Otherwise a really wonderful creation!

JeffK

Guru
I like the very special atmosphere you created in your image.
It is meditative but peaceful, though I don't get tired to look at it for minutes again and again.
There is just a thing about your color range from pink to turquoise I find a bit out of harmony. But this is just me...and my personal taste.
Otherwise a really wonderful creation!
Thanks for your comments, Chris. It was intended to be a thoughtful piece so I'm really glad that came across. The story within the image actually began with the woman and my intention of creating a double exposure. When I added the gradient, it was a a happy accident - I didn't intend those colors but they happened to have been plugged in from a previous exercise. I liked they way they worked together and when I added the moon image, which was the last part of it, I mirrored off those colors. It seemed to work as almost a supernatural mirage with a bit of fantasy.
Color is my greatest vulnerability. I know what doesn't work but it's a bit of a struggle for me to choose complementary themes. It's all part of the same struggle I guess.

Thanks again for your good words and impressions - it's very important to me that the story comes through.

- Jeff

ibclare

Queen Bee
This is one I thought about for several weeks and then spent several days on it. Changed as I went along - sometimes wanted one effect but transitioned to another. Saved and resaved/ Lots of layers - probably more than I needed. :cheesygrin:
- Jeff

View attachment 119598
I really like the ghostly swirls and the separation of the foreground from the background. Too many layers? Not hard to do. Harder to go in and remove them - like cleaning house. Sounds like you've manipulated it to your satisfaction. Great work, or I should say, play. If we don't love it, why do it?!

JeffK

Guru
If we don't love it, why do it?!
I don't do things I don't want to do...but then again, I do things that I don't understand why i did them. I guess that's one way we express love... ;)

Thanks for your good words - I do look forward to seeing more of them!

- Jeff