What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving An Anchor Point

GLSmyth

I have created a path using the pen tool. Of course, to get things right I have to move some of the anchor points. I believe that I should be able to do this by holding the Control key down while using the Convert Point Tool. Sometimes this works just fine, and other times the whole selection moves when I try to move the anchor point.

What is the exact procedure for moving an anchor point? I am apparently missing a step so that this appears to sometimes work, and other times not.

Cheers -

george

New member checking in

Hey,

First time poster, long time lurker... Finally got around to registering and thought I'd say hi.

Honestly, I never really worry about moving points too much. I find it easier to just place another point where I want it and delete the offending point. I suppose I'm just lazy and don't like to change tools...

ps. lefacilapeats, This isn't really the right place for intros, but It's good to have you here.

Hi,

To move an anchor point use the Direct Selection Tool, (A) It's the white arrow on the tool bar. CTRL shouldn't be needed, just click, hold and drag to the new location. Hope that helps.

Moving Anchor Points

To move the anchor point you use the selection tool (A), and then pressing Ctrl you can go from moving an anchor point (the arrow will be white), and if your press Ctrl again, you will be able to move the whole object (arrow will be black). You do NOT need to hold Ctrl down while moving the points or the whole selection. Just click it once to move between either selection tool

Hope this helps!

Back