What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving The Option Bar

Stacy

Is there a way to move the option bar over to the right side of the screen.
I like to have all my menus, bars and windows on the right had side of the screen and have been able to manage this with all i need to apart from the option bar.
Currently its docked at the top and stretches all the way along the top starting at the left hand side. I would like this to be more on the right directly above where I have my other items located. Is this possible?
I've managed to dock it at the bottom but it still starts from the left hand side.

Hope i've explained myself correctly.
Many thanks
Stacy

I don't think you can, no.

You're actually luckier than most...the option to dock the Options Bar at the bottom has been removed for some time, can't remember the exact version....CS4 I think...????

Anyway, despite not knowing your PS version I don't think PS has ever had the ability to dock the Options Bar left or right, just top or bottom.....and now not even that!

You could 'float' the Options Bar underneath the workspace but if your version is anything like CC 2014 then its width becomes fixed when you do...not very flexible.

I'll keep looking but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Regards.
MrTom.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for replying

I'm using CC 2014 and your absolutely right when I checked again it hadn't actually docked at the bottom just floated there.
Oh well looks like i'm going to have to get over being lazy and move my pen over to the top left :)

thanks for looking though!

Back