What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

multiple bevelling

Erik

Guru
Another easy trick that all you seasoned pros will certainly know:I forgot in 1 that you have to apply the STROKE layer effect with the colour of your fancy.

The Celtica text was first filled with a pattern. This pattern was conceived due to Gaussian's thread on banding in this same section of the forums.
I thought that if you limit the number of pixels on purpose, you must be able to do something with this banding. So I made this image of one pixel wide and eight miles high, zoomed to max, selected all and applied a red to black gradient on it. Right. OK. Banding yes, because eight steps between black and red. But monotonous as a pattern.
So I copied and pasted it, flipped it vertically and nudged it beside the other one.
This is the smallest image I ever posted...

Just look at it at 1600% zoom, see how a gradient is limited to eight hues when you only have eight pixels, define it as a pattern and fill something with it. It *is* a remarkable pattern that opens new vistas...

Photoshop, the Thousand and one digital nights obsession of an arrow freak...(amor?)[confused] :rofl:

OM

omnislashed: Go to Marks Site and do the exercises (tuts) and suddenly "whamo" it will become clear

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/index.htm

Photoshop can be difficult unless you know the power of the tools and how to apply and what the anticipated results will be.

Incidentally, I looked at your site. Very imaginative. Keep up the good work. B7

And Keep the faith,
Joy

Hi there /////\\\\\\,
I suppose that the only reason you suppose you can't follow is that you try to jump on a riding train. I mean: we're busy with this kind of stuff for quite some time now. So I suppose that it's easier to start with the older threads. Simply read them and tune in.
I'm not suggesting that things are more difficult now, but unfortunately one does not want to repeat certain things, so some kind of shorthand sneaks in. And it is the shorthand that must be difficult, not the trick. I know that sometimes I only write sketches, not finished tuts, but I am no tutter just an enthusiast who wants to share discoveries.
So just say: hey this is not clear, and we'll try to be more clear. Right?

Back