What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Post (Blur Background)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and they may all differ. In my humble opinion you have used too much of a blur. It diminishes the subject and places her in a distracting blurry fog. Subtlety works better when dealing with a blur. The gradation between focused and blur at the bottom of your image is a bit too sharp. Needs a little bit of a smoother transition.

This is a very fast example that's not completely tuned. The subtle blurring places the focus on the subject without making it look like she was pasted onto a photo.
Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.11.49 AM.png

I do like the processing though, good job on that.

Thanks for sharing.

madushana

Hello and welcome.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and they may all differ. In my humble opinion you have used too much of a blur. It diminishes the subject and places her in a distracting blurry fog. Subtlety works better when dealing with a blur. The gradation between focused and blur at the bottom of your image is a bit too sharp. Needs a little bit of a smoother transition.

This is a very fast example that's not completely tuned. The subtle blurring places the focus on the subject without making it look like she was pasted onto a photo.
View attachment 96058

I do like the processing though, good job on that.

Thanks for sharing.

Exactly! Thank you very much for your view for the post. When you show me this in this way only I could realize which part should be improved. That foggy thing is too much actually and too blurry. I will fix and improve this while doing so and so. Thank you very much for your advice. <3