What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Library has disappeared

SuzPhotos

I have PS CC 2018 on my MacBook Pro. I had a Library with my signature/logo/watermarks there and it has disappeared. Is there a way to get it back. In case you may ask, I shut it down, quit and relaunched, still no library.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I'm not a Mac user so I can't help you out but @IamSam is and when online he'll have a look at this, so be patient unless another Mac user provides you the required help.

SuzPhotos

Hello.

Are you referring to a Creative Cloud Library? If so, this is not a mac problem, it's a Ps (Adobe) problem.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=OF.......0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.-AfYokON7bU

I accessed the link you sent and found this: username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/Libs/ But I still don't know how to get there. My first problem was finding "username". I looked in the Adobe file and there was nothing that said username. I clicked on my name on the mac and found nothing like this. I guess this is a basic question, but what do I click on to get to "username".

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I guess this is a basic question, but what do I click on to get to "username".
In your finder under favorites, whatever name is next to the house/home icon is your computers username.

SuzPhotos

I did that previously. There is no /library after I clicked on my name. So I'm still stumped. What would happen if I deleted the whole Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 and reinstalled it from the Creative Cloud? I am attaching what I see when I click on my name.

Suzanne Walker.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Change your view to columns and you should see your library.

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 9.20.36 PM copy.png

SuzPhotos

So, I went to the link you sent, accessed 'terminal'. The instructions were: Enter the following command at the Terminal prompt: chflags nohidden ~/Library

But I don't see a prompt.

Attachments

• Terminal.png
    Terminal.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 1

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try the last suggestion............it should work the best.

SuzPhotos

On reading farther in the link you sent, this is another way to find the library, but didn't work either:

If you're using OS X Mavericks or later, you have the easiest way of all to permanently access the hidden Library folder. This is the method we use, and we recommend it for anyone who wants permanent access and isn't worried about accidentally modifying or deleting a file from the Library folder.

1. Open a Finder window and navigate to your Home folder.
  2. From the Finder menu, select View, Show View Options.
  3. Place a checkmark in the box labeled Show Library Folder.
I didn't see a "View options"

Attachments

• View no options.png
    View no options.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 1

SuzPhotos

Okay. Now I found it. I rarely if ever have to search in the bowels of my Mac, so this is all confusing to me. Thank you for your input and patience. :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm very sorry to say that your mac library and your Photoshop library have nothing to do with one another. As an experiment I hid my mac library and it did not affect the Adobe library in Photoshop. So I'm not sure what your problem was, but having your hidden mac library showing in your finder window was not a solution. The library was always there, it just wasn't visible.

SuzPhotos

I'm very sorry to say that your mac library and your Photoshop library have nothing to do with one another. As an experiment I hid my mac library and it did not affect the Adobe library in Photoshop. So I'm not sure what your problem was, but having your hidden mac library showing in your finder window was not a solution. The library was always there, it just wasn't visible.

Well, I don't know either, but the end result is, my PS library is now there. Whatever I or "the powers that be" did, the PS library is there and all the contest is there also.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is how you would show the library in Ps. Which is not in any way related to your mac library folder.

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 12.54.11 PM.png