What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects my youtube intro vid

Burned Ice

Power User
i saw a couple of intro's made by after effects on youtube (most of them from game commentary channels) and i thought: i can do that myself

Burned ice proudly presents:

youtube intro D.I.Y.

result:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/lGalaxisl?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/Guo3KyhtRbg[/video]

so what do you think guys? I used pretty easy effects because i wanted to keep it simple, text created in photoshop, just a radial ramp (gradient is called ramp in after effects) that text thingy, that fade in is just opacity change, a fx wich i do not remember and shatter, I am not good in adobe after effects but I gave it a try :)

oh yeah, it seems that main computer is nearly fixed, thats the reason why i just made this intro

Well it is a good basic intro it does the job well your music clip should be fine as it is around the 10 second mark that is when youtube gets funny with copyright. can you not keyframe the text to match the music beat more

i had like 20-30 minutes of terrifying problems with keyframes lol, they became to messy and the clip actually exists of 2 clips, the fading in and the 'explosion' i have no idea how i can improve my keyframes, what do you mean about youtube getting funny about copyrights? (i uploaded 2 intro's exactly the same but the last has an intro wich says that i do not own the song)

What is your channel about I see a fantasy game on it some robotic futuristic sci fi dj'ing might be easier to judge your intro if we knew what it was based on

its just about making techno music, that fantasy game is for a friend, only the music is related to the channel, actually i should remove that vid :D and leave just the music, does not look pro

I use to have a big successfull channel with my remixes and mash up mixes I did but the rule was if you played more than 10 seconds of part of a song it would mean a copyright notice on your channel I got 2 so had to remove all my videos as a 3rd report gets your channel blocked I have 1 that was a big sponsored youtube project that is allowed to stay

i'm sorry for you, i deleted that not relative video, i thought, if i don't do it now i will prob never do it, so i'm now making a relative one :)

edit: damn music file must be deleted or something :( can't find it, gotta make my youtube template then

Last edited:
the only problem with doing decent intros is the rendering time look at the 1 I did for this weeks challenge they take hours to make and over an hour and a half to render and when you get into the cinema 4d then your looking at 9 to 24 hours of rendering time. So your best of keeping it simple really have it rendered on your hard drive as a windows media compression and then just insert that clip at the begining of every other video you make. but if you are going to have a techno channel I would think about making a custom techno background for youtube and sound clip for your intro maybe make it a bit more psychedelic

WOW WTF... you did that... for me??? *insert extremely happy face* i'll add that to my youtube channel :p thanks

maybe if you have time: a tutorial xD

where can i download that?

Dont get excited it is just a template from an old video I had so it was only a case of swapping names and channels over. you can download it from this link Galaxis.wmv

is the template made by you?

No it came with something I bought a plugin or something all though I think there are plenty of tutorials for a similar looking design try searching iron man interface tutorial or something. it is all simple elements so shouldnt be that hard to do

i also uploaded on my own youtube channel

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHoogleman?feature=mhee#p/u/0/k8jTDWEdQfY[/video]

My project for the day

Thanks, but i haven't yet (just an account).
I haven't even normal portfolio (didn't collect anything).

Anyway it looks so amazing.

P.S. I'm really considering to turn to AF soon because of you :)

Back