What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need 3 marriage proposal pix edited

csm

Note from the moderators: This request first appeared in the free PS work forum, but it received no responses, so, at the request of the OP, I moved it to where it is, the fee-for-service forum. I also made the thread title more descriptive. - - - Tom M (Moderator)

Dear members,

This is my very first post, and look forward to your help and inputs please.

I've done some basic editing, but havent had much luck. Hope to seek your help to modify/ edit a few pictures to what will make for excellent memories for years to come.

Last week, I proposed to my girlfriend and she said Yes! Not to give away any hints, I couldnt take along my SLR camera (the side story was that I was taking her to a client dinner), so had to end up using my iPhone 6 camera. Now not too bad, but in low lighting etc. didnt work too well.

I had a few pictures, but picked 3 where I was hoping to get some help please.

1) Picture 1. This is of my gf sitting across me at the restaurant. Unfortunately, the light from the table lamp makes the ring quite invisible. I also attach another "close up" hand picture that one could use to Photoshop? Also, hoping to remove the waiter/ background if possible!

Attaching 2 pictures I clicked in quick succession. Happy for you to choose either 1 to edit.
Riri_with_ring_1.JPG Riri_with_ring_2.JPG

And here's the close up of the hand/ ring
RingPicture_1.JPG

2) Picture 2: Is it possible to 'remove' the background people? I was hoping only to capture her and the background. Any other ideas to to 'clean up' this picture is much appreciated!
Riri_Background_1.JPG

3) Picture 3: Too much flash I guess. I tried to 'reduce brightness' etc., but doesnt seem to remove the 'whiteness' of the picture.Greatly appreciate if you can help!!
Riri_Flash.JPG

Much thanks in advance, and greatly appreciate any help on this. Thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Editing request please - proposal picture!

Dear CSM - Unfortunately, it looks like no one has responded to your request (in the free work section) to modify three of your photos. IMHO, this is probably because you asked for too much work to be done without pay. The work you requested is probably no where near as simple as you may think. For example, removing all those people from that one photo requires the photoshop artist to construct a believable, high quality fake background behind each person that is removed, and they have to do it without having any knowledge of what's really behind each person. This is not a simple, nor a quick task.

Another example of the complexity of the task you requested is the hand replacement. If the arm of the subject wouldn't have been so badly overexposed, this would be fairly easy to do. However, the only way to have a smooth junction between the new hand (that shows the ring) and the arm is to fix the overexposure in that whole area. If it had been only slightly overexposed, it would have been no big deal. However, as it is, my guess is that at least one or two of the 3 RGB channels is blown, i.e., max'ed out with no information content, so this area essentially has to be recolored, much like one would re-color an antique B&W photo. This requires good photoshop skills and a good artistic eye. The same is true for the photo where the subject's face and hands are also overexposed.

So the question is what to do ...

Although PSG is primarily an educational forum to help people learn Photoshop, and we have absolutely no problems with our members volunteering to perform free work, you have to realize that most of the regulars (i.e., experienced photo shoppers) aren't here to provide free service. It's something they occasionally do out of the goodness of their hearts, often on hardship cases such as helping someone prepare for a funeral in their family, fire or flood damaged photos, etc.

However, we do have a fee-for-service section with extraordinarily low minimum rates - many times less what a commercial artist would charge you. I can almost guarantee that someone will respond to your request if we move your request to that section. However, before we do, please read over the sticky informational threads for that section. They include the fee schedule and other requirements (such as only dealing with artists who are qualified to participate in fee-for-service work).

If you are interested, let any of the moderators know and they will be happy to move your thread.

The best of luck.

Tom M

Last edited:

Also, if you do go the fee for service route, have someone fix the horrible "monster lighting" (i.e., lighting from below the face) in that one shot. I'm sure your fiancé will greatly appreciate it, LOL.

Tom M

Also, if you do go the fee for service route, have someone fix the horrible "monster lighting" (i.e., lighting from below the face) in that one shot. I'm sure your fiancé will greatly appreciate it, LOL.

Tom M

Hi Tom, yes please. Appreciate if you can kindly move the thread? thanks!

How much can you offer per photo? I may be able to do at least one of them. I am skilled and experienced in photo editing, and you can see examples of my work in my signature. Feel free to reply back here, PM me or (email me) but this will be time consuming and I need to ensure it's worth my time.

admin edit.... delete email address for security reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done the first one to show my work please contact me if you would like to proceed...

Lee

im6kql84.jpg

Let me elaborate a bit on what dV8_fx said: I'm pretty sure he is suggesting that you do NOT put your contact information in public view in a forum post, but rather, exchange your contact information in a private message.

Tom M

Folks, don't forget that when someone is awarded this job, you should mention that in this thread, and when the work is complete and payment made, also mention that so we can close this thread.

Thanks,

Tom M

Folks, don't forget that when someone is awarded this job, you should mention that in this thread, and when the work is complete and payment made, also mention that so we can close this thread.

Thanks,

Tom M

Still waiting for a reply...

Back