What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a slick, Twitch Stream overlay! Name your price!

Zipzo

Hello.

I am starting a Twitch stream (a site dedicated to streaming video games) on September 13th, and I need help designing an overlay to be finished at the least 2 weeks before the stream goes live. For those not keen, an overlay used in a Twitch gaming stream will often be a set of either borders or transparent boxes used to fit the video game output in, while making the stream look stylish. Since I will be streaming a 3DS game, it makes things a bit more complicated. I am providing an example picture of a 3DS overlay that I intend to emulate in a few certain areas in order to give you a basic idea of what is expected.

optimus_pokemon_overlay_by_konvett-d6vt1wv.jpg

What you will notice is a large "main" screen which outputs the top screen footage from the 3DS, a small screen (top right) that is outputting the bottom screen of the 3DS, and to the bottom right of the main screen you will see a box meant to be for the webcam output. Finally, there is a slim box beneath the webcam box, a bit offset, meant to harbor the Twitch chat. There is also two "banners" below the main screen showing donation information.

This example is mostly to give you an idea of the 4 main boxes I will need to be transparent in the final product in order for it to work properly as an overlay, and the two "banner-like" spots at the bottom meant to harbor donation information. Everything else in this example, such as the Pokemon clip arts used and the social media banners in between the 3ds bottom screen and the webcam box are essentially unnecessary and you can ignore/leave them out as I plan on filling that space with my own content. The three social media banners above the webcam box I will be replacing with three of my own banners, also stretching them width-wise to fit with congruence, and I will be using my own moving clip art with the help of the streaming client.

Important Note : The overlay must be a resolution of 1280x720 for it to fit perfectly in the streaming client!

In terms of design specifics...I prefer a minimalist focus with an emphasis on style. Favorite color schemes involve black (a visible black, so like black-grey or metal-black), dark red, and dark blue. I'd prefer the majority of it to be a dark grey-black, with dark blue and/or dark red accents here and there. I like futuristic-ness or steam-punk-ness. I prefer sharp edged for boxes as opposed to the rounded edges seen in the example above.

As another example, I really like this border a lot...

stream_resource__webcam_frame___tech_by_scraxlol-d4s8b6g.png

This is the design direction I would really like for my overlay. It would seem like this isn't very much, but I would simply love if the overlay could essentially be based on the design of this border, keeping in mind the transparent space that needs to be left open for the 3ds screens, the webcam screen, and the chat box. As an added note, the chat box I am hoping to move under the webcam box for congruence. The offset position in the example is not my cup of tea.

I'm mostly relying on the creativity of the gurus to work their magic, and while this may have been an extensive description of needs I am actually not super strict and I am open to innovation with this. I can't say how appreciative I would be to the guru that helps me get this project finished in a way that I'd be pleased with. As far as price goes, I said to name your price, but to be more specific, I am starting at the average stated in the price thread, a minimum of $50, but I am certainly willing to go higher depending on how you deem the workload of this project. I probably will not go over $100 unless it's a bomb-looking overlay. I just ask that you be honest and reasonable in your price. My payment method of choice is Paypal!

Thank you so much for taking interest in my request and I look forward to working with whoever comes forward to help me with this project!

Last edited: