What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need advice for award graphic???

kim123

Hi All!

I need to make a graphic that will be an "Award of Excellence." I was thinking one of those round, starred type things with the goldish look.
Maybe....unless someone with a lot more artistic ability than I can give me some suggestions.

Anyway, what would be a good tutorial for making something like that...
something with some shading, highlights, etc.? I'm getting the hang of making curved text thanks to this website.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

:B
Kim

Hmmm I would probably do a web search for actual awards of excellence and awards in general to pick up some design tips.

Try engravers for a start Kim123 :D

Stu.

Thanks kiwi. I did a search and.....yick. Couldn't find anything nice looking. Well, here's a "graphic niche" just waiting to be filled. I'm
surprised there aren't more.

:) Kim

I assume that you mean something like this image kim123? And, if so, I have a 'custom shape' for it. Perhaps you have it as well? [confused]

Thanks Wendy! I created the top with that button and then put some little ribbons hanging from it. Came out nice!

Kim

Glad to hear that kim123! :perfect:

Back