What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need feedback (and help if possible) on TWO war hero images

Hi all,

So I'm new (ish) too fixing up photos in photoshop and have attempted to fix up two deceased family members, my great grandfather who served in WW1 and his son (my grandfather) who served in Royal horse guards in the 50's and saw active service in Cyprus during their 'disaster'

I'm reasonably happy with my WW1 grandfather but cant figure out how to repair edges AND color the floor and background (because of the faded tree's / bushes in the backdrop, and no idea of colours for floor on both backdrop AND real floor which looks to me a little like carpet)

and my grandfather who was sat on a tank and was originally black and white.

I'm happy with how he looks, ... NOT so happy with how the tank looks.

Please advise, and if possible have a play with my images.

It would be massively appreciated.

grandad ron.jpg

EDITED

possible.jpg

IMG_20170107_0005.jpg

EDITED

Grandad Jennings Final Color.jpg

I like your second edit a lot! I think that you did right by keeping the BG B&W I think it adds to the impact.

In your first edit the trousers look a little too "Lime" green to me. I would tone that down a bit. just my humble opinion.

Cheers

John

Thanks Fred I was going to colour the BG of the WW1 relative but as I can't work out what colours would have gone where I may leave it as you've said it adds to the impact of the image ...

regarding my grandfather sat on the tank how would i edit his trousers I struggled getting that far :( hope you can help !! Thanks

Back