What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help adding light beams to a face

vetticustoms

Hey all im trying to create the same exact effect as in my picture below , how would I go about doing this:

Tyga-Well-Done-Mixtape-Cover.jpg

create a new layer above the original image..and paint the colors you want using a large soft brush..and change the blending mode to color burn..lower theopacity for better result..!

There's a lot of ways to do that.

One suggestion is to create a mask selection of your face and spray selected colors on a few layers to simulate hilites and shadows . Then play with the layer modes and opacities to get a look you like.

I tried both ways but the result im getting isnt looking nearly as close to the image above thanks guys for the advice

Theres a lot happening within this image, a lot of varying coloured layers and brushes. Theres a finishing layer with a diagonal stripe over it, what this does is give a depth and a new lustre to any image - just can't think of it's name sorry.

I just did this very quickly with a random image and and a random light leak. You can most likely find one that is more like the one you want, but I just pulled one out. After you put it over your picture, then just play around with the blending modes until you find something you like. :)

lightleak-test-1.jpg

THANKS for all the advice and help , I played around with the light leaks and it seemed to work. Im going to try the airbrush aswell. Heres my result so far:
Also how would I add the lines through the image?
LILWEST2.jpg

THANKS for all the advice and help , I played around with the light leaks and it seemed to work. Im going to try the airbrush aswell. Heres my result so far:
Also how would I add the lines through the image?
LILWEST2.jpg

Good job so far! :)

No worries mate, thats what friends are for.

another thing you can do if you're not satisfied with the highlites is to paint on a layer above with a 0% hardness brush in white. Then change the blend mode to overlay and use an equally soft, low opacity eraser to blend it. Or you can start with the blend mode change to overlay and use different opacities of the brush to blend the highlights.

Attachments

• highlights.jpg
    highlights.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Back