What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help creating special effects

ak442

Hi, im hoping someone can help me with this project that im working on. Im trying to create a high speed effect, like your travelling through space or racing on a race track. you have those streaks in the design to give the illusion of travelling at high speed.

Im looking to use some football players on the design so id love any ideas on what i should use for a background. The design will be quite small and im looking to create the design as an animated gif when its done.

I hope this all makes sense and thank you in advance

sounds like motion blur filter will help

Hi iDad, Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately im still a novice on photoshop and i dont know what motion blur is and how i would use it. Also how would i go about making the background to do the blur effect on?

Thank you

there are so many ways to do it it is near impossible to say which way to go about creating what you need without examples of the image but this quick search gives you plenty of ideas to experiment with
motion blur photoshop cs5 - Google Search

Agree with iDad - and eventually also some Radial Blur will help you out depending on the effect you want. Please note tho that Radial Blur can be rather CPU intensive and also note that the point where you want the blur to originate from can be shifted in the filters settings panel (something beginners most often miss)..
Radial Blur on Google Search

Thank you for your reply, and thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately i have no idea what it means but i will have definately check the link out that you sent me. If its possible could you give me an idea of what it means and also can you tell me what is the best tool to use to cut a person out of an image nice and close so you cant see any rough edges. im planning on taking the cut out of the person and adding it to another background.

Thank you again

Hi iDad, thank you for your help and advice, il definately use the links you sent me to make the effects and hopefully i can manage to get them to work. Also can you tell me which tool will be the best to use to cut people out of a picture cleanly so that the finish around the edges wont be rough.

Thank you again

>can you tell me what is the best tool to use to cut a person out of an image nice and close so you cant see any rough edges.
>im planning on taking the cut out of the person and adding it to another background.

Unfortunately there's no such one tool.
Cutouts are the most challenging things you can do in Photoshop and many of us have spent years developing techniques for different situations and refining them.
Just to give you a hint of what you're up against you can watch this tutorial video:

Photoshop CS5 Refine Edge

Back