What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help editing photographs of paintings

I have a series of photo's of artworks which were taken whilst hanging on a wall, I need to remove the shadow from the one side and edit out any blemishes such as pencil marks which are on the wall in the background, basically so it looks as if they're hanging on a plain white wall. They can't be cropped to having no background either.
I've tried blurring and pasting in sections of the wall where there's no shadow, but it doesn't look good. The pictures aren't dead centre either which makes it more difficult.

Thanks alot if you can help me. I'm fine with the basics of photoshop, but something slightly advanced like this I need help on.

p1010003jws.jpg

p1010001db.jpg

p1010002bw.jpg

fenix

Guru
You should have putting this under "freelance work" mate!

Paul

Former Member
Like this? i only did one - use your pen tool and click around the pictures then make new layers of each - paste onto white background bobs your aunt.:)

Wasn't a request as such, I was asking for advice on how to do it.

Do you think selecting the area around the side of the paintings and blurring inwards from the lighter wall would work to eliminate the shadow on one side?

Paul

Former Member
Not really mate, best to cut out as close to edge as you can and apply to new layer of white background. Soften picture edges with a little blur if you wish.

SeniorS

Guru
Wasn't a request as such, I was asking for advice on how to do it.

Do you think selecting the area around the side of the paintings and blurring inwards from the lighter wall would work to eliminate the shadow on one side?

Don't try remove shadow then. Remove all wall. Cut out painting by pen tool as Paul suggest.

hawkeye

Guru
Vector mask with the pen tool to cut out the picture, add a little drop shadow. Also added a slight texture to the wall layer below.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0