What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help swapping faces from two similar portraits

CGalvan

I did a search but could not find any how-to on this procedure. I have done it before but now need to match rotation and stretch the replacement face slightly to match the recieving (background) image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sfm

Guru
welcome aboard carlos.......... for this you will need a tute as it is something that can be very comples, I don't have the time right now to search the links that Gaus has put up in the links forum but if you go there and have a look I am sure you will find something that will help you
sfm

CGalvan

I searched the tutorials before posting here but could not find what I was looking for. Perhaps I need to spend a little more time searching as I am unfamiliar with the site but I did try several phrases that I thought might work.

Let's see what I can find browsing the tutorials!

CGalvan

Hmmm,

Well I found a lot of interesting stuff but what I am looking for is not available via a direct link. The searches I tried were:

* ~Switch Face*
* ~Swap Face*
* " Head*

If I am missing something obvious, please let me know!

kiwi

Guru
Ideally it would be better to make the face you want to stretch bigger then you need it and scale it down rather then up as stretching pixels is not the best thing.

For rotation and alignng I would use the EDIT TRANSFORM tool.First make a copy of your face to transform and turn the eye at the left off so we dont mess it up,then on your copy use the EDIT TRANSFORM ROTATE tool to rotate in to shape,from there I would try {not sure if it will work} the scale tool,and then SKEW or DISTORT tool and gently massage the features into the right position.

The skew tool might not be the best but if you change say just the dimensions on the left side of the face to fit then you just pull on the on the left handle.

Is this what you were looking for?.......if it isnt can you post an example for us to look at please so we can work out how to go about it.........oh ya welcome :D

Stu.

wbiss

Guru
Yes, welcome aboard CGalvan! :)

[confused] I'm not quite sure what you're looking to achieve, but with the obvious quesitions, having already been asked...I will keep my eye on this thread. ;)

Tron

Guru
Welcome Carlos - Give us a litle more info and perhaps we can help :perfect:

CGalvan

Voila!

The transform tool is exactly what I needed! (Thanks Kiwi.) Next time I will upload some images to show what I am trying to do.

Speaking of which I will now attempt to upload before and afters of what I have done. This is a picture of my wife son and myself that I may use for next years Christmas cards. If not it was a good learning exercise.

Thanks to all who gave input.

wbiss

Guru
Great work there CGalvan! :perfect: Agreed... would make a really nice Christmas Card! ;)

Want some more practice?[confused] Visit the "Cannon Fodder" thread... :) Just grab member pics and/or post your own here http://photoshopgurus.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1886 ... work your "magic" and then post them here http://photoshopgurus.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80 :D

I assure you that it's not only great fun (while you learn and practise certain techniques) but it's a great way to get acquainted with all the PS "lunatics" around here! :rofl:

CGalvan

Thanks for the invite. Once I get some more spare time I will take you up on that!

kiwi

Guru
Great work Carlos :perfect:

Wendy [stuned] .......I am not a lenatic linatic luneatic lenuatic............crazy [stuned]

Stu.

wbiss

Guru
Well, there you have the proof CGalvan! ;) :D :rofl: :p

Leejune

Welcome Carlos, and I just had a peek for the first time of the mug shots of the members, nice to meet you all face to face!