What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help With an Action

General_T

Hi,

I am trying to you an action to sharpen photos. Here are the steps I am incorporating into the Action:

Smart Sharpening Technique

1. Resize image;
  1. Convert to a Smart Object;
  2. Smart Sharpen;
  3. Click the eyeball to turn it off;
  4. Select All (Ctrl + A);
  5. Copy (Ctrl +C);
  6. While holding down the Option key (Alt for PC) click on the Smart Filters mask box;
  7. While holding Command (Ctl for PC) and press V;
  8. Find Edges;
  9. Open levels (Image / Adjustments / Levels);
  10. Deselect (Ctrl +D);
  11. Open the Masks Panel Invert;
  12. Click the eyeball; and
  13. Last thing the author mentioned was Gaussian Blur to smoothen out the images. Makes sure the Smart Objects mask box is selected before you open Gaussian Blur. My default is 2.5 but you can adjust to taste.
Here is a picture of the problem I am having:

PS%20CS5%20Action.JPG

For some reason this Action creates an additional layer (Layer 1) which I do not want. I am trying to build this Action based on a link from a Tutorial found here for Smart Sharpening:

Really Smart Sharpening - Canon Digital Photography Forums

If someone can get this to work as per the Tutorial I would be very greatful.

Thanks a Bunch.

Cheers

Tony

At step 6 you should click on that mask box and it should opens Filter Mask as white layer. And in actions have to be writen "Select filter mask chanell".
If you do that step somehow wrong then ctrl+v create new layer.

So make proper step 6.

Back